Thunder Weekly, January 7th
Wichita, KS - Wichita headed West to start the New Year this past week. Take a look back at how the team fared in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Monday, December 31st
Wichita at Kansas City, 5-4 L (OT)
Wednesday, January 2nd
Wichita at Utah, 5-3 L
Friday, January 4th
Wichita at Utah, 3-1 L
Saturday, January 5th
Wichita at Utah, 4-3 L (OT)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Friday, January 11th
Wichita at Allen, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
Saturday, January 12th
Allen at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
- Star Wars Night, benefiting WYHA, Dyson Stevenson Bobblehead presented by RA Ruud & Son. Buy tickets here.
Sunday, January 13th
Allen at Wichita, 4:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-Kansas Star Casino Buy-In Night. Buy tickets here.
**All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App using the keyword The Sin Bin**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:20 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 4-3-2-1
Rank: T-4th, Mountain Division, 38 points
Goals: Ralph Cuddemi, 16
Assists: Steven Iacobellis, 30
Points: Steven Iacobellis, 41
+/-: Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin, +11
PIM: Pierre-Cedric Labrie, 103
LAST WEEK - Wichita closed 2018 with a meeting against the Kansas City Mavericks and then began 2019 with three contests in Utah against the Grizzlies. The Thunder came back from a 4-1 deficit last Monday, including two goals in a span of 15 seconds, to force overtime. The Mavericks won the game, 5-4. Wichita kicked off the New Year with a 5-3 loss on Wednesday night against the Grizzlies. On Friday night, Wichita trailed 2-1 late before giving up an empty-netter and lost 3-1 to Utah. On Saturday, the Thunder closed the trip with a 4-3 overtime loss to the Grizzlies.
15 SECONDS - Jeremy Beaudry and Mark MacMillan scored just 15 seconds apart on Monday night to help force overtime on New Year's Eve. It is the fastest two goals scored by the Thunder this season.
YOU'RE AN ALL STAR - Steven Iacobellis was named to the 2019 CCM/ECHL All Star Team today. He is tied for second in the league with 41 points (11g, 30a), tied for first with 30 assists and tied for first with 19 power play assists. This past week, he had four points (2g, 2a) in three games.
TEXT MESSAGE - Keoni Texeira continues to be a catalyst for the Thunder on the power play. He is first in the league in power play assists (19) and tied for first in power play points (19).
IRON MAN - Stuart Skinner has started 14-straight games in net for the Thunder. He is second in the league in minutes played by a goaltender (1,532).
MOUNTAIN CLIMBING - Wichita continues its heavy Mountain Division schedule this week with three games against Allen. In fact, the Thunder plays their next 14 games against division rivals before a meeting with Indy on February 16th.
THUNDERBOLTS... Travis Brown is sixth among dmen for goals (8)...Stuart Skinner is tied for the league lead in shootout wins (3)...Ralph Cuddemi is tied for the league-lead with 11 power play goals...Steven Iacobellis is first among rookies with 41 points (11g, 30a)...Wichita is first on the power play (24.8%) and 13th in the league on the kill (84.7%) ...Wichita is 10-3-3-1 when leading after one...Wichita is 9-0-1-1 when leading after two...Wichita is 6-2-5-3 in one-goal games...
UP NEXT - Wichita closes a five-game road trip this Friday with a visit to Allen starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 7, 2019
- 'Blades Weekly: Homestand Continues with 3 Tilts against Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, January 7th - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Jalen Smereck Named as Alternate for CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- Iacobellis Selected to CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Neil Manning Selected to ECHL All-Star Roster - Indy Fuel
- Walleye Heading West - Toledo Walleye
- Mitch Gillam Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Mingo Selected to All-Star Team - Jacksonville IceMen
- VanWormer Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brent Pedersen Named as Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glotov Named to the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Charbonneau Named to ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Native Swavely Named Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Reading Royals
- Kevin Spinozzi Named to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wheeling Nailers
- Taylor Named to 2019 Ccm/ECHL All-Star Classic - Kalamazoo Wings
- CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Rosters Are Set - Toledo Walleye
- Mike Szmatula Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Adirondack Thunder
- Giorgio Estephan Named to the ECHL 2019 All-Star Classic - Newfoundland Growlers
- Tomas Sholl Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Idaho Steelheads
- Johno May Named to Team East in 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Forward Justin Hodgman Tagged ECHL All Star - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Defenseman David Kolomatis Named 2019 All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Joe Cox Named to Roster for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Halverson Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 7 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Open 2019 with Three-Game Win Streak - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Begin 3 Game Road Trip Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- Lightning Reassign Sosunov from Solar Bears to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel to Welcome Three-Time Stanley Cup Champion Bryan Bickell to Indianapolis on January 19 - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weely - January 7, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 7 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.