Komets Forward Justin Hodgman Tagged ECHL All Star
Fort Wayne, IN - The ECHL announced Monday that Komets forward Justin Hodgman has been selected to the 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic roster.
Hodgman, 30, is in his second consecutive season with the Komets and fifth stint. The center helped the Komets to IHL Turner Cup championships as a rookie in 2008 and 2009 while a member of the OHL's Erie Otters and in 2010 after appearing in 42 AHL games with Toronto and 33 ECHL games with Toledo.
After logging 42 AHL games with Toronto in 2010-11 the Brampton, Ontario native made his European debut in Finland in 2011. In 2012 Hodgman began a stretch of 100 games in the Russian KHL over two seasons before returning to the States for five NHL games with Arizona and 62 AHL games with Portland during 2014-15. The skater added 15 AHL games with Chicago in 2015-16 along with a return to Europe for stints in the Swedish HL and the Czech elite league.
Hodgman returned to Fort Wayne last season and skated 30 games scoring nine goals and 25 points. During 20018-19 he has amassed a team leading 27 assists, 39 points and +9 after 31 games.
The 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic with be hosted by the Toledo Walleye Monday, Jan. 21 at 7pm ET at the Huntington Center. The game will air live exclusively on the NHL Network.
For the second consecutive year, the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic will feature a 3-on-3 tournament with four teams competing for the top spot. New in 2019, the host team will make up two of the four teams and face-off against the other two teams made up of All-Star players from the Eastern and Western Conference. These four teams will compete in a 3-on-3 tournament with rally scoring in order to crown a winner. The 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Skills Competition will take place in between rounds of the tournament, highlighting the talents of the ECHL Players, and showcasing the future of hockey as they develop in the League.
The rosters for the Eastern Conference and Western Conference All-Stars were determined in a vote of coaches, team captains, media relations directors, broadcasters and members of the media.
Western Conference All-Stars
G - Tomas Sholl, Idaho Steelheads
D - Alex Breton, Allen Americans
D - Neil Manning, Indy Fuel
D - Kevin Spinozzi, Wheeling Nailers
F - Justin Hodgman, Fort Wayne Komets
F - Vasili Glotov, Cincinnati Cyclones
F - Justin Taylor, Kalamazoo Wings
F - Jared VanWormer, Kansas City Mavericks
F - Andrew Radjenovic, Rapid City Rush
F - Steven Iacobellis, Wichita Thunder
G - Evan Fitzpatrick, Tulsa Oilers
F - Caleb Herbert, Utah Grizzlies
Eastern Conference All-Stars
G - Mitch Gillam, Worcester Railers
D - Dajon Mingo, Jacksonville Icemen
D - Sean Day, Maine Mariners
D - David Kolomatis, Manchester Monarchs
F - Mike Szmatula, Adirondack Thunder
F - David Pacan, Brampton Beast
F - Joe Cox, Florida Everblades
F - Johno May, Greenville Swamp Rabbits
F - Giorgio Estephan, Newfoundland Growlers
F - Jonathan Charbonneau, South Carolina Stingrays
F - Brett McKenzie, Atlanta Gladiators
D - Jalen Smereck, Norfolk Admirals
F - Brent Pedersen, Orlando Solar Bears
F - Steven Swavely, Reading Royals
The week ahead-- The Komets will skate another three-in-three this weekend starting at Indy Friday night at 7:35. Saturday the Komets open a weekend home double-header on Sweetwater Ice at the Memorial Coliseum. The Utah Grizzlies are in town Saturday at 7:30pm and the Kalamazoo Wings visit for a 5pm Sunday faceoff.
Komet Hockey Tickets-- Single game tickets for all Komet regular season home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office. Enjoy several discount plans designed especially for your next group, or check out Komets Flex Tickets. For more information visit Komets.com, call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 7, 2019
- 'Blades Weekly: Homestand Continues with 3 Tilts against Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, January 7th - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Jalen Smereck Named as Alternate for CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- Iacobellis Selected to CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Neil Manning Selected to ECHL All-Star Roster - Indy Fuel
- Walleye Heading West - Toledo Walleye
- Mitch Gillam Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Mingo Selected to All-Star Team - Jacksonville IceMen
- VanWormer Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brent Pedersen Named as Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glotov Named to the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Charbonneau Named to ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Native Swavely Named Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Reading Royals
- Kevin Spinozzi Named to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wheeling Nailers
- Taylor Named to 2019 Ccm/ECHL All-Star Classic - Kalamazoo Wings
- CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Rosters Are Set - Toledo Walleye
- Mike Szmatula Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Adirondack Thunder
- Giorgio Estephan Named to the ECHL 2019 All-Star Classic - Newfoundland Growlers
- Tomas Sholl Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Idaho Steelheads
- Johno May Named to Team East in 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Forward Justin Hodgman Tagged ECHL All Star - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Defenseman David Kolomatis Named 2019 All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Joe Cox Named to Roster for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Halverson Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 7 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Open 2019 with Three-Game Win Streak - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Begin 3 Game Road Trip Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- Lightning Reassign Sosunov from Solar Bears to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel to Welcome Three-Time Stanley Cup Champion Bryan Bickell to Indianapolis on January 19 - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weely - January 7, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 7 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Hammer Nailers 7-3
- Morrison Reassigned to Komets, McKenzie Returns to Fort Wayne Lineup
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener
- Komets Make Roster Moves