'Blades Weekly: Homestand Continues with 3 Tilts against Greenville
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades and Greenville Swamp Rabbits have become quite familiar with one another over the last month and a half, and the two teams will square off again this weekend.
Sitting atop the ECHL standings, the 'Blades (23-7-5-0, 51 pts.) earned four of six possible points this past weekend and were the first team in the league to 50 points. Although Florida had its five-game winning streak come to an end on Friday night, it bounced back with its highest-scoring home game of the season on Saturday, a 7-2 win over Atlanta in the series finale.
Josh Wesley returned to the lineup this past week after being reassigned by the American Hockey League's Charlotte Checkers, while Patrick Bajkov made his 'Blades debut on Wednesday and posted three points over the weekend.
The Everblades face off with Greenville again this weekend, the fourth week in the last six the two teams have played one another. Florida has seen Greenville six times in that stretch and has won all six meetings by a combined score of 24-14.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Jan. 2 | vs. Atlanta Gladiators - W, 4-1
Jan. 4 | vs. Atlanta Gladiators - L, 1-2
Jan. 5 | vs. Atlanta Gladiators - W, 7-2
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Jan. 9 | vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits | 7:30 p.m. - Hertz Arena
Jan. 11 | vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits | 7:30 p.m. - Hertz Arena
Jan. 12 | vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits | 7 p.m. - Hertz Arena
Joe Cox was named on Monday to the roster for the 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic. A second-year pro, Cox leads Florida in assists with 20 and has tabbed 33 points this season.
Jeremy Helvig picked up wins on Wednesday and Saturday to run his individual winning streak to seven games, a season-high for a 'Blades netminder.
With a goal on Saturday, Justin Auger now has a 'Blades season-high seven-game point streak (4g-4a).
Rookie forward Blake Winiecki has a career-high six-game point streak (4g-4a) and a goal in three of his last four games.
Josh Wesley tabbed a career-high four-point night on Saturday against Atlanta, posting a goal and three assists.
Florida scored a season-high seven goals at home on Saturday against Atlanta, the second time this year it has put up seven or more on the Gladiators.
Florida has been held to less than two goals in five games this year, but the 'Blades have averaged 4.4 goals in the game immediately after being limited to less than two tallies. Saturday's seven-goal outburst was the highest output in a game after being limited to less than two goals.
The 'Blades have dropped consecutive games in regulation just once this year and are 10-1-1 following either a regulation or overtime loss.
Florida is in the top four in the ECHL in goals for per game (3.74, 3rd), shots for per game (33.94, 4th), goals against per game (2.51, 2nd), and shots against per game (27.0, 2nd).
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
Florida Everblades: 23-7-5-0, 51 PTS
South Carolina Stingrays: 20-14-1-0, 41 PTS
Jacksonville Icemen: 19-14-1-0, 39 PTS
Orlando Solar Bears: 17-14-3-0, 37 PTS
Greenville Swamp Rabbits: 14-19-3-2, 33 PTS
Norfolk Admirals: 14-18-2-2, 32 PTS
Atlanta Gladiators: 8-19-5-1, 22 PTS
G: John McCarron* (15)
A: Joe Cox (20)
PTS: J. McCarron* (34)
+/-: Cox (+25)
SH: J. McCarron* (131)
GAA: Jamie Phillips (2.37)
SV%: Phillips (.911)
*On loan to Stockton Heat (AHL)
$2 Wednesday (Jan. 9) - It's a $2 Wednesday when the Everblades start a three-game series with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. John Morrell hots dogs, Bud Light drafts, and Barefoot Wine are each just $2 all night!
Faith & Family Night (Jan. 11) - Join the 'Blades for Faith and Family Night, which will include an exclusive pregame skate for groups attending the game. There will also be attractions from around Southwest Florida on the concourse at the game! It's also a Bottomless Popcorn Friday and kids eat free in Breakaway Sports Pub. For more information on having your group take part in the pregame skate, contact the 'Blades at 239-948-7825.
Canadian Night (Jan. 12) - The 'Blades celebrate our neighbor to the north and the heritage of hockey with Canadian Night presented by TD Bank. There will be Labatt Blue specials, poutine, a Canadian-themed photo booth and more, eh! The night gets underway with a free pregame tailgate from 5-7 p.m. and features live music from the Kate Skales Band.
EVERBLADES 2018-19 BROADCAST INFORMATION
Catch all the exciting action of Everblades hockey on WJBX News, Talk & More on 101.5 FM, 104.3 FM, 770 AM on the radio waves, or listen for FREE online here.
Fans can also watch the games on a subscription basis on ECHL.TV.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are still on sale! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 7, 2019
- 'Blades Weekly: Homestand Continues with 3 Tilts against Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, January 7th - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Jalen Smereck Named as Alternate for CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- Iacobellis Selected to CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Neil Manning Selected to ECHL All-Star Roster - Indy Fuel
- Walleye Heading West - Toledo Walleye
- Mitch Gillam Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Mingo Selected to All-Star Team - Jacksonville IceMen
- VanWormer Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brent Pedersen Named as Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glotov Named to the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Charbonneau Named to ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Native Swavely Named Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Reading Royals
- Kevin Spinozzi Named to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wheeling Nailers
- Taylor Named to 2019 Ccm/ECHL All-Star Classic - Kalamazoo Wings
- CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Rosters Are Set - Toledo Walleye
- Mike Szmatula Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Adirondack Thunder
- Giorgio Estephan Named to the ECHL 2019 All-Star Classic - Newfoundland Growlers
- Tomas Sholl Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Idaho Steelheads
- Johno May Named to Team East in 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Forward Justin Hodgman Tagged ECHL All Star - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Defenseman David Kolomatis Named 2019 All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Joe Cox Named to Roster for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Halverson Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 7 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Open 2019 with Three-Game Win Streak - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Begin 3 Game Road Trip Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- Lightning Reassign Sosunov from Solar Bears to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel to Welcome Three-Time Stanley Cup Champion Bryan Bickell to Indianapolis on January 19 - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weely - January 7, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 7 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Rapid Reaction: 'Blades Score Twice in 7-Second Span to Top Rush, 4-0
- 'Blades Weekly: Season's Only Trip West Set for this Weekend
- Return of McCarron, Sheppard Highlights String of Roster Moves
- 'Blades Forward Kyle Platzer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
- Everblades Hop Away with Another High-Scoring Win in 10-4 Rout