Brent Pedersen Named as Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that rookie forward Brent Pedersen has been named as an alternate for the Eastern Conference All-Stars for the 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic, to be hosted by the Toledo Walleye on Monday, Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. at the Huntington Center. The game will air LIVE exclusively on NHL Network.
Pedersen, 23, is in his first season of professional hockey after signing with the Solar Bears on Sept. 24. The forward is currently with the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League after signing a Professional Try-Out Agreement with the AHL affiliate of the Winnipeg Jets on Dec. 13.
In 22 games with the Solar Bears, Pedersen had tallied 22 points (7g-15a) and four penalty minutes. He has added three points (2g-1a) and two penalty minutes in eight games with Manitoba.
At the time of his loan to the Moose, Pedersen ranked seventh among all first-year ECHL players in scoring, and his 22 points ranked him second on the Solar Bears.
Pedersen was originally a fifth-round selection (#126 overall) by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Solar Bears ECHL All-Star Selection History
Season - Host Team - Solar Bears Representative
2018-19 - Toledo Walleye - Brent Pedersen
2017-18 - Indy Fuel - Nolan Valleau
2016-17 - Adirondack Thunder - Tony Cameranesi (did not play)
2015-16 - No game
2014-15 - Orlando Solar Bears - Solar Bears roster (host team)
2013-14 - No game
2012-13 - Colorado Eagles - C.J. Severyn (replaced Nick Petersen)
The rosters for the Eastern Conference and Western Conference All-Stars were determined in a vote of coaches, team captains, media relations directors, broadcasters and members of the media.
Eastern Conference All-Stars
G - Mitch Gillam, Worcester Railers
D - Dajon Mingo, Jacksonville Icemen
D - Sean Day, Maine Mariners
D - David Kolomatis, Manchester Monarchs
F - Mike Szmatula, Adirondack Thunder
F - David Pacan, Brampton Beast
F - Joe Cox, Florida Everblades
F - Johno May, Greenville Swamp Rabbits
F - Giorgio Estephan, Newfoundland Growlers
F - Jonathan Charbonneau, South Carolina Stingrays
F - Brett McKenzie, Atlanta Gladiators
D - Jalen Smereck, Norfolk Admirals
F - Brent Pedersen, Orlando Solar Bears
F - Steven Swavely, Reading Royals
Western Conference All-Stars
G - Tomas Sholl, Idaho Steelheads
D - Alex Breton, Allen Americans
D - Neil Manning, Indy Fuel
D - Kevin Spinozzi, Wheeling Nailers
F - Vasili Glotov, Cincinnati Cyclones
F - Justin Hodgman, Fort Wayne Komets
F - Justin Taylor, Kalamazoo Wings
F - Jared VanWormer, Kansas City Mavericks
F - Andrew Radjenovic, Rapid City Rush
F - Steven Iacobellis, Wichita Thunder
G - Evan Fitzpatrick, Tulsa Oilers
F - Caleb Herbert, Utah Grizzlies
For the second consecutive year, the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic will feature a 3-on-3 tournament with four teams competing for the top spot. New in 2019, the host team will make up two of the four teams and face-off against the other two teams made up of All-Star players from the Eastern and Western Conference. These four teams will compete in a 3-on-3 tournament with rally scoring in order to crown a winner. The 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Skills Competition will take place in between rounds of the tournament, highlighting the talents of the ECHL Players, and showcasing the future of hockey as they develop in the League.
There have been 67 players from the ECHL All-Star Game have gone on to play in the National Hockey League, including 51 since 2002 when the lineups began having players who coaches felt were prospects to move up to a higher level.
The 12th class of the ECHL Hall of Fame will be officially inducted at a luncheon, presented by BFL CANADA and Sutton Special Risk, on Sunday, January 20 at 1 p.m. at the SeaGate Center, in conjunction with the Toledo Hockey Hall of Fame, presented by Cooper Tire.
Anchored by the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic, there will be multiple activities that showcase the Toledo community including the All-Star Fanfest in Hensville Park and All-Star Winter Brewfest at Fifth Third Field. The Hall of Fame luncheon will be followed by a regular-season matchup between the Walleye and the Fort Wayne Komets at the Huntington Center.
CCM/ECHL All-Star packages and individual tickets can be purchased by calling (419) 725-9255 or by visiting www.toledowalleye.com/allstar.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 7, 2019
- 'Blades Weekly: Homestand Continues with 3 Tilts against Greenville - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, January 7th - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Jalen Smereck Named as Alternate for CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic - Norfolk Admirals
- Iacobellis Selected to CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Neil Manning Selected to ECHL All-Star Roster - Indy Fuel
- Walleye Heading West - Toledo Walleye
- Mitch Gillam Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Mingo Selected to All-Star Team - Jacksonville IceMen
- VanWormer Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brent Pedersen Named as Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glotov Named to the CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Charbonneau Named to ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reading Native Swavely Named Alternate for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Reading Royals
- Kevin Spinozzi Named to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Wheeling Nailers
- Taylor Named to 2019 Ccm/ECHL All-Star Classic - Kalamazoo Wings
- CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Rosters Are Set - Toledo Walleye
- Mike Szmatula Selected as 2019 ECHL All-Star - Adirondack Thunder
- Giorgio Estephan Named to the ECHL 2019 All-Star Classic - Newfoundland Growlers
- Tomas Sholl Selected to 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Idaho Steelheads
- Johno May Named to Team East in 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Forward Justin Hodgman Tagged ECHL All Star - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Defenseman David Kolomatis Named 2019 All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Joe Cox Named to Roster for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Florida Everblades
- Rosters Announced for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Halverson Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 7 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Open 2019 with Three-Game Win Streak - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Begin 3 Game Road Trip Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- Lightning Reassign Sosunov from Solar Bears to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel to Welcome Three-Time Stanley Cup Champion Bryan Bickell to Indianapolis on January 19 - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weely - January 7, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 7 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.