Thunder Ride First Period Momentum into Win over Beast
GLENS FALLS, NEW YORK - The line of Erik Bradford, Lindsay Sparks and François Beauchemin each produced a goal but the Brampton Beast fell 5-3 against the Adirondack Thunder on Friday night.
The Brampton Beast hit the road and made their way Glens Falls, New York for the first of two straight games against the Adirondack Thunder.
The Beast got the scoring started with a power play goal from Francois Beauchemin. Erik Bradford flew around the ice before finding the open winger for a one-timer that ripped past Eamon McAdam for a 1-0 Beast lead at 7:24.
The Thunder fired back and beat Alex Dubeau with a power play goal of their own from Kelly Summers. The defenseman tied the game 1-1 at 13:03.
Just as quick, the Beast responded with a goal from the aforementioned Bradford. He raced in and batted home the puck after the play was set-up by Beauchemin and Lindsay Sparks. That goal made it 2-1 Brampton at 13:26.
The Thunder would roar back and score three unanswered tallies from Mike Szmatula, Colby Sissons and Charlie Curti to take a 4-2 lead after 20 minutes of play. Shots on goal favoured the Thunder 14-10.
After six goals in the first, the second period saw only one scored and it was off the stick of Nikita Popugaev. That extended the Thunder lead to 5-2 at 6:25.
Beast goaltender Dubeau was pulled in favour of Andrew D'Agostini who took to the net for the remainder of the period. After 40 minutes of play, Brampton was down 5-2 and was outshot 26-20.
Lindsay Sparks made it interesting in the third as he converted on a wicked goal to pull the Beast within a pair at 15:31, but the Thunder would hold the line the rest of the way and would end the contest with a 5-3 win.
McAdam would finish the night with 31 saves and the win. D'Agostini stopped all 13 shots he saw in relief of Dubeau.
Notes: Molson Three Stars 3) Sissons (ADK) 2) Curti (ADK) 1) Szmatula (ADK) The Beast finished the contest one-for-four on the man advantage. Adirondack ended with a one-for-five mark. The Beast and Thunder will renew hostilities tomorrow night once again in Glens Falls. Puck drops at 7:00 PM.
For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Anthony Fusco, Media Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or email@example.com. The Brampton Beast will be bringing their exciting brand of ECHL hockey back to the CAA Centre next season. Don't miss a minute of the action! 2019-20 Memberships are now available, join the club!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 24, 2020
- Rapid City Grabs OT Win vs. Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Stellar Comeback Bid Pays off as Walleye Edge Gladiators in Shootout - Toledo Walleye
- Four Score: 'Blades Shut out Swamp Rabbits to Win Fourth Straight - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Earn a Point in Shootout Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fort Wayne Defeats Indy in a Shootout - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Take Idaho to the Limit, But Fall in Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ross Scores in Debut as Stingrays Defeat the Ads, 4-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- 3 Royals Tally Multiple Points to Defeat Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Thunder Ride First Period Momentum into Win over Beast - Brampton Beast
- Steelheads Tame Mavericks in 4-3 Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Dulled by 'Blades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Snag a Point in SO Loss in Toledo - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thompson Shuts Down Admirals in 4-1 Win for Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Come Back to Hammer Nailers in Overtime - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mariners Blast Railers with Franchise Record Eight Goals - Maine Mariners
- Nailers Pick up One Point against Divsion Leader - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Suffer 8-1 Loss to Maine in Return from All-Star Break - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Top the Growlers 4-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Five Different Goal Scorers Help Tame Beast in 5-3 Victory - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Notes: vs Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Howdeshell Returns from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - January 24 - ECHL
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Zachary Fucale from Loan to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Return to Home Ice, Host Swamp Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Gameday Gear up - January 24th - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Start the Post All Star Break Tonight in Utah - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Receive Brown, Abt, Kim from AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Atwal, Maclise Return to 'Blades from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Royals Look to Tame Red-Hot Growlers - Reading Royals
- Coughler, Bird Team up to Help Solar Bears Thaw IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.