Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Idaho
Boise, ID - Wichita opened up its five-game road trip on Wednesday night, falling to Idaho by the final of 4-1 at CenturyLink Arena.
Keoni Texeira recorded his sixth goal of the season to provide the only offense for the Thunder.
Wichita played a solid first period, but came up empty despite outshooting the Steelheads, 15-6. Kyle Schempp gave Idaho a 1-0 lead at 9:11 when he cleaned up a rebound and beat Dylan Wells for his 12th of the season.
In the second, Idaho added two more to take a 3-0 advantage. Schempp tipped home a shot from the blue line to make it 2-0 and his second of the game. At 12:28, Nolan Gluchowski fired a wrist shot from the left circle during a four-on-three situation and increased the lead to 3-0.
Early in the third, Texeira gave the Thunder some life as he hammered a shot from the deep slot to cut it to 3-1. Wichita was awarded a late power play as Charlie Dodero was sent off for interference with just over two minutes left. The power play went to work and unloaded several shots on net. Tomas Sholl made a few key saves and then got an insurance marker from Dodero as he came out of the penalty box and tucked home an empty-netter to make it 4-1.
The Thunder have power play goals in four-straight games. Ralph Cuddemi collected an assist in his 200th game as a pro. The other assist went to Dyson Stevenson.
Wichita remains in Boise for two more games over the weekend, beginning Friday night starting at 8:10 p.m. CST.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2019
- Admirals Acquire Horn and Eiserman - Norfolk Admirals
- G Jamie Phillips Reassigned to Reading; Riley Traded to Florida - Reading Royals
- Rush Make Multiple Trade Deadline Moves - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Add Braden Hellems on Amateur Tryout Deal - Indy Fuel
- Stephan Falkovsky Reassigned to Manchester by Minnesota - Allen Americans
- Everblades Negotiate Series of Deals on Day of Trade Deadline - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Execute Three-Team Deal with Fort Wayne, Rapid City - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Acquire Troock from Atlanta for Furgele - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Acquire D-Man Elmes, Martineau Returns - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Acquires Buffalo and Futures from Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Rocked by Kansas City 6-0 - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Acquire Rimmer from Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- South Carolina Agrees to Trade with Norfolk for Chase Harrison - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wallin Gets Fourth Stint in Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Ready for Stick It to Cancer Weekend at Cool Insuring Arena - Adirondack Thunder
- Schempp Scores Twice, Steelheads Start Week with 4-1 Win over Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- Carlson, Rush Shut out Utah 1-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Carlson Aces Grizzlies to Start Series - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Idaho - Wichita Thunder
- 'Blades Special Teams Dominate in 4-1 Win over Gladiators - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.