Americans Rocked by Kansas City 6-0
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans were shutout by the Kansas City Mavericks on Wednesday night by a score of 6-0 at Allen Event Center. Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson remains at 999 wins with his next chance to get 1,000 coming up on Friday night
Greg Betzold scored four times on Wednesday night, his 18th, 19th 20th and 21st goals of the season to lead the Kansas City charge. Betzold had four shots on net and scored on each opportunity.
Mavericks goalie Mason McDonald shutout the Americans for the second time in a month. He stopped all 30 Allen shots he faced to get the victory.
Lukas Hafner made his first home start for Allen. Hafner was acquired from Fort Wayne last week. CJ Motte missed last nights game with an upper body injury.
"We talk about everything that we need to do in order to be successful and unfortunately we did not go out and execute that plan tonight", said David Makowski. "It's very frustrating and disappointing that as a team, we didn't come out ready to play a full 60 minutes. Credit them tonight for being the better team. We'll get back to work tomorrow and regroup in preparation for Friday's game."
The Americans host Kansas City again on Friday night at 7:05 pm. Call 972-912-1000 for tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2019
- Admirals Acquire Horn and Eiserman - Norfolk Admirals
- G Jamie Phillips Reassigned to Reading; Riley Traded to Florida - Reading Royals
- Rush Make Multiple Trade Deadline Moves - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Add Braden Hellems on Amateur Tryout Deal - Indy Fuel
- Stephan Falkovsky Reassigned to Manchester by Minnesota - Allen Americans
- Everblades Negotiate Series of Deals on Day of Trade Deadline - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Execute Three-Team Deal with Fort Wayne, Rapid City - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Acquire Troock from Atlanta for Furgele - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Acquire D-Man Elmes, Martineau Returns - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Acquires Buffalo and Futures from Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Rocked by Kansas City 6-0 - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Acquire Rimmer from Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- South Carolina Agrees to Trade with Norfolk for Chase Harrison - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wallin Gets Fourth Stint in Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Ready for Stick It to Cancer Weekend at Cool Insuring Arena - Adirondack Thunder
- Schempp Scores Twice, Steelheads Start Week with 4-1 Win over Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- Carlson, Rush Shut out Utah 1-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Carlson Aces Grizzlies to Start Series - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Idaho - Wichita Thunder
- 'Blades Special Teams Dominate in 4-1 Win over Gladiators - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.