Solar Bears Execute Three-Team Deal with Fort Wayne, Rapid City
ST. JOHN'S, Newfoundland - The Orlando Solar Bears have executed a three-team trade with the Fort Wayne Komets and Rapid City Rush, in which Orlando has acquired forward Taylor Crunk from the Fort Wayne Komets to complete the Oct. 31 trade that sent forward Ryan Siiro to Fort Wayne. Orlando has subsequently traded Crunk along with rookie defenseman Myles McGurty to Rapid City in exchange for forward Shaquille Merasty.
Additionally, forward Colby McAuley has been loaned to Orlando by the San Jose Barracuda of the American Hockey League.
The Solar Bears have also acquired the ECHL rights to rookie forward Ivan Kosorenkov from the Worcester Railers. The transaction completes the future considerations portion of the Dec. 9 trade in which Orlando traded forward Matt Schmalz to Worcester.
Merasty, 27, joins Orlando after recording 24 points (10g-14a) and 153 penalty minutes in 51 games with Rapid City this season.
The 6-foot-5, 220-pound forward has amassed 36 points (15g-21a) and 193 penalty minutes in 79 career games with the Rush and Wichita Thunder.
Prior to turning pro, the Minnedosa, Manitoba native played three seasons with the University of Manitoba, where he appeared in 82 games for the Bisons program and tallied 74 points (33g-41a) and 50 penalty minutes. Merasty also played one season of NCAA-III hockey at Adrian College, where he picked up 38 points (22g-16a) and 10 penalty minutes in 28 games.
Kosorenkov, 21, recorded 19 points (9g-10a) and 18 penalty minutes in 36 games with Worcester this season. The 5-foot-11, 193-pound forward signed an American Hockey League contract on Nov. 16 with the San Jose Barracuda, where he has skated in one game this season.
Prior to turning pro, the native of Mytishchi, Russia played two seasons of major junior hockey for the Victoriaville Tigres of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, where he collected 145 points (70g-75a) and 86 penalty minutes in 131 games. He also made the QMJHL All-Rookie team in 2016-17.
McAuley, 22, returns to Orlando, where he has recorded 21 points (7g-14a) and 58 penalty minutes in 27 games this season. He has also skated in four games with the Barracuda, where he has received two penalty minutes.
McGurty, 25, picked up three assists and eight penalty minutes in 14 games with Orlando this season.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears hit the road for a three-game set with the Newfoundland Growlers, starting with the opening battle at Mile One Centre on Friday, March 8 at 5:30 p.m. EST. The Solar Bears return home on Wednesday, March 13 at 7 p.m. for a Wine Down Wednesday against the Florida Everblades, featuring $5 wine specials throughout the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now:
Upgrade to Solar Status and become a Season Ticket Member today. Season ticket memberships for the 2019-20 season are now on sale and start as little as $270.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The 2018-19 Orlando Solar Bears season is presented by XYMOPrint, Orlando's digital printing experts. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale! Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2019
- Admirals Acquire Horn and Eiserman - Norfolk Admirals
- G Jamie Phillips Reassigned to Reading; Riley Traded to Florida - Reading Royals
- Rush Make Multiple Trade Deadline Moves - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Add Braden Hellems on Amateur Tryout Deal - Indy Fuel
- Stephan Falkovsky Reassigned to Manchester by Minnesota - Allen Americans
- Everblades Negotiate Series of Deals on Day of Trade Deadline - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Execute Three-Team Deal with Fort Wayne, Rapid City - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Acquire Troock from Atlanta for Furgele - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Acquire D-Man Elmes, Martineau Returns - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Acquires Buffalo and Futures from Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Rocked by Kansas City 6-0 - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Acquire Rimmer from Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- South Carolina Agrees to Trade with Norfolk for Chase Harrison - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wallin Gets Fourth Stint in Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Ready for Stick It to Cancer Weekend at Cool Insuring Arena - Adirondack Thunder
- Schempp Scores Twice, Steelheads Start Week with 4-1 Win over Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- Carlson, Rush Shut out Utah 1-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Carlson Aces Grizzlies to Start Series - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Idaho - Wichita Thunder
- 'Blades Special Teams Dominate in 4-1 Win over Gladiators - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.