Cyclones Acquire Rimmer from Wichita
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's (NHL) Buffalo Sabres, and the American Hockey League's (AHL) Rochester Americans, have acquired goaltender Ty Rimmer from the Wichita Thunder, in exchange for goaltender Devin Buffalo and future considerations.
A native of Edmonton, AB, Rimmer has split this season between the Wichita Thunder, and Kitzbuheler EC of the Alps Hockey League. While with Wichita, he has accumulated a record of 2-9-1-0 along with a 3.91 goals-against average and a .882 save-percentage in 12 games. He appeared in 42 games with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits during the 2017-18 season, posting a 14-23-1-1 mark, with a 3.91 GAA and a .898 SV%.
Rimmer has also seen ECHL time with the Bakersfield Condors and Norfolk Admirals, and in 113 career ECHL games he has accounted for a 38-56-6-4 record to go along with a 3.48 GAA and a .898 SV%. He also has 10 AHL games and 39 Central Hockey League (CHL) games to his credit.
Prior to turning pro during the 2012-13 season, Rimmer enjoyed a successful junior hockey career in the Western Hockey League (WHL), appearing in 159 games between five teams across a four-year period. In those contests, he turned out a mark of 74-65-4-10 with a 3.01 GAA and a .910 SV%.
Signed to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) last Friday, Buffalo is in his first pro season, having seen action with the ECHL's Reading Royals, Adirondack Thunder, and Greenville Swamp Rabbits, prior to signing with the Cyclones. In 10 games this season, Buffalo posted a 3-4-1-0 record along with a 3.83 GAA and an .874 SV%.
Prior to turning pro, Buffalo spent four seasons at Dartmouth College, recording a 25-29-5 career mark with a 3.04 GAA and a .901 SV%.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, a nd the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride!Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2019
- Admirals Acquire Horn and Eiserman - Norfolk Admirals
- G Jamie Phillips Reassigned to Reading; Riley Traded to Florida - Reading Royals
- Rush Make Multiple Trade Deadline Moves - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Add Braden Hellems on Amateur Tryout Deal - Indy Fuel
- Stephan Falkovsky Reassigned to Manchester by Minnesota - Allen Americans
- Everblades Negotiate Series of Deals on Day of Trade Deadline - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Execute Three-Team Deal with Fort Wayne, Rapid City - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners Acquire Troock from Atlanta for Furgele - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Acquire D-Man Elmes, Martineau Returns - Fort Wayne Komets
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Thunder Acquires Buffalo and Futures from Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Rocked by Kansas City 6-0 - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Acquire Rimmer from Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- South Carolina Agrees to Trade with Norfolk for Chase Harrison - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wallin Gets Fourth Stint in Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Ready for Stick It to Cancer Weekend at Cool Insuring Arena - Adirondack Thunder
- Schempp Scores Twice, Steelheads Start Week with 4-1 Win over Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- Carlson, Rush Shut out Utah 1-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Carlson Aces Grizzlies to Start Series - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Opens Road Trip with Loss at Idaho - Wichita Thunder
- 'Blades Special Teams Dominate in 4-1 Win over Gladiators - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.