Three Goal Period Dooms Blades in 4-3 Loss
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Swamp Rabbits came from two goals behind on Friday night to sneak past the Everblades 4-3 in the opener of a three-game series at Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
The Everblades went onto the power-play just 40 seconds into the game and took full advantage with a Nathan Perkovich unassisted goal along the crease at 1:01. Anthony Rinaldi put Greenville on the board 5:36 into the game with help from Austin Eastman and Ayden MacDonald. With 2:25 on the clock, Peterson lit the lamp for the fourth time in as many games with a power-play tally to push the Everblades in front 2-1 at the first intermission.
Joe Pendenza struck gold for the lone goal of the second period, cashing in on a shorthanded breakaway at the 3:08 mark. The Blades retained the 3-1 advantage after two full periods while owning a 22-21 edge in shots on net.
Greenville took over in the third period with a pair of goals from Nikita Pavylchev (4:41 and 15:19) before Brett Kemp netted the game winner for the Swamp Rabbits with 1:42 to go in the game. The shocking result saw the Everblades move to 21-12-3-3 this season as Greenville's win improved their record to 12-15-3-3.
The Everblades and Swamp Rabbits will play the middle game of their 3-in-3 series tomorrow night at Bon Secours Wellness Arena. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 pm and the game will be covered on FloHockey.TV as well as ESPN Southwest Florida on 770 AM, 98.1 FM, 104.3 FM and online at https://espnswfl.com.
The next home game for the Blades will take place on Saturday, February 5 when the Orlando Solar Bears come to Estero for Beach Night courtesy of Molly Moo's Ice Cream at Hertz Arena. Be one of the first people here to secure your Everblades beach bag as a giveaway! Every Saturday night Blades home game starts with a tailgate, and live music will be performed by James Prather from 5-7 pm!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2022
- Baylis Leads Rush Past Tulsa, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Kuffner's Two Goals Not Enough Friday at Xtream Arena - Iowa Heartlanders
- Admirals Lead from Start to Finish, Defeat Stingrays - Norfolk Admirals
- High Scoring Affair Drops Stingrays in Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Split Series with 7-2 Decision - Wheeling Nailers
- Rabbits Complete Comeback in Win over Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Increase Win Streak to Three Games with 6-3 Win over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Nell Shuts out Jacksonville in Glads Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Keenan, Myer Score as Toledo Stops Indy, 3-1, on the Road - Toledo Walleye
- Three Goal Period Dooms Blades in 4-3 Loss - Florida Everblades
- Railers Stall Mariners Comeback Attempts - Maine Mariners
- Early Pair of Goals Hand Walleye Win over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Icemen Acquire Defenseman Pavel Vorobey; Berzolla Recalled - Jacksonville Icemen
- Watts Released from PTO; Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 28 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Acquire Steven Oleksy from Walleye - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dallas Stars Assign Defenseman Dawson Barteaux to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel Trade Vorobei to Jacksonville - Indy Fuel
- Rabbits Acquire Johnny Coughlin in Trade with Cincinnati - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Lou Ferrigno to Make Special Appearance on Scout Night - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Announce Several Transactions - Allen Americans
- Royals Take on Thunder to Kick off Back-To-Back on the Road - Reading Royals
- Everblades and Bunnies Set for Three Games in Three Days - Florida Everblades
- Glads Kick off Weekend against Top-Ranked Icemen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Preview: Growlers Land in Texas - Allen Americans
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits VS Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Dropped in Tulsa, 7-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Langan Lifts Solar Bears Past Grizzlies in OT - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Everblades' Lead Trimmed to 3-1 in Eastern Conference Finals
- Everblades One Win Away from Return to Kelly Cup Finals
- Everblades Claim Third Straight over Growlers
- Everblades Return Home with 2-0 Lead in Eastern Conference Finals
- Everblades to Hold Second Warm-Up Jersey Auction Benefiting St. Matthew's House