Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits VS Everblades
Greenville Swamp Rabbits (11-15-3-3) vs. Florida Everblades (21-11-3-3)
January 28, 2022 | 7:05 PM | Regular Season Game #33
Referees: Morgan MacPhee (15)
Linesmen: Antoine Bujold-Roux (72), Shane Gustafson (87)
Pregame Coverage begins at 6:45pm
LISTEN: Greenville Swamp Rabbits Broadcast Network
WATCH: FloHockey Live Stream
Voice of the Swamp Rabbits Mark Shelley on the call
EVERBLADES SEASON SERIES
Season Series Record:
Overall: (1-3-0-0) Home: (1-3-0-0) Away: (0-0-0-0)
January 15, 2022 Greenville 3 vs Florida 1
January 29, 2022 Greenville vs Florida
STINGING THE RAYS:
The Swamp Rabbits cruised past the Stingrays on Wednesday with a decisive 7-2 victory. It all started in the 1st Period when Ayden MacDonald sniped his first career goal at the 10:54 mark. Ben Freeman scored the second goal at 14:46, followed by Macdonald at 16:42 and Anthony Beauchamp at 17:10. Despite being outshot, 13-12 in the first period, the Bits carried a 4-0 lead into the middle period. At 6:17 in the 2nd Shawn Cameron decided to get in on the action, scoring his first goal of the season on a backside feed from Brett Kemp. Kemp followed that up by stealing the puck from a South Carolina Skater and taking it all the way in by himself, making it a 6-0 game with 1:28 left in the 2nd. The Stingrays ended the Greenville goal streak scoring two in under a minute at 5:13 and 6:05. Anthony Rinaldi fed MacDonald with 4:04 left in the game and he buried it in the twine, his first career hat trick. .
SCOUTING THE BLADES:
The Swamp Rabbits play host to the Florida Everblades for three more games this weekend. Florida holds a 21-11-3-3 record, outscoring opponents 130-97. Florida's leading scorer is Blake Winiecki who has recorded 45 points in 34 games (19G 26A). Winiecki is currently on a seven-game point streak, scoring 11 points in that time (5g, 6a). Parker Gahagen and Thomas Vomacka have seen most of the action in net for the Everblades, playing 13 and 12 games respectively. Gahagen holds a 7-4-1-1 record, 2.41 GAA and .908 SV%. Vomacka holds a 5-3-1-2 record, 2.90 GAA and .907 SV%. Cam Johnson, recently returned from the AHL, posts a 7-3-1-0 record, 2.10 GAA and .912 SV%.
FIRST FOR EVERYTHING:
Ayden Macdonald dazzled the Greenville crowd Wednesday night, doing everything he could to be first at everything. In the first period Macdonald scored his first career goal, and his second career goal; marking his first multi-point game. With four other Swamp Rabbit goals, MacDonald really wanted to make sure he was the first star of the game so he buried one more puck in the net, recording his first career hat trick. First goal, first multi-point game, first hat trick, first star.
CAMERAS ON CAMERON:
Shawn Cameron helped out teammate Ben Freeman, getting an assist on his goal to make it 2-0. 2:24 later Cameron decided it was time for the first goal of his season, scoring on a backside feed from Brett Kemp that left the Stingrays players spinning. Cameron has a goal and four assists in 25 games this season.
THE RIGHT PIECES:
Anthony Rinaldi, Ayden MacDonald, and Austin Eastman are seemingly meant to play together after the line provided 8 total points of offsense in Wednesday's game. MacDonald's hat-trick was paired with a trio of helpers by Eastman and a pair of assists by Rinaldi.
WHAT ON TAP:
The Bits travel to Norfolk in one week to face the 12-19-1-1 Admirals. Norfolk has won just two of the last 10 games. Due to issues at their home arena however, the Admirals have not played since January 16th. Alex Tonge is the leading scorer with 28 points in 28 games (14g, 14a). Beck Warm has been the primary netminder for the Admirals and holds a 6-9-01 record, his last win came on New Year's Day.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2022
- Baylis Leads Rush Past Tulsa, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Kuffner's Two Goals Not Enough Friday at Xtream Arena - Iowa Heartlanders
- Admirals Lead from Start to Finish, Defeat Stingrays - Norfolk Admirals
- High Scoring Affair Drops Stingrays in Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Split Series with 7-2 Decision - Wheeling Nailers
- Rabbits Complete Comeback in Win over Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Increase Win Streak to Three Games with 6-3 Win over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Nell Shuts out Jacksonville in Glads Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Keenan, Myer Score as Toledo Stops Indy, 3-1, on the Road - Toledo Walleye
- Three Goal Period Dooms Blades in 4-3 Loss - Florida Everblades
- Railers Stall Mariners Comeback Attempts - Maine Mariners
- Early Pair of Goals Hand Walleye Win over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Icemen Acquire Defenseman Pavel Vorobey; Berzolla Recalled - Jacksonville Icemen
- Watts Released from PTO; Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 28 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Acquire Steven Oleksy from Walleye - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dallas Stars Assign Defenseman Dawson Barteaux to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel Trade Vorobei to Jacksonville - Indy Fuel
- Rabbits Acquire Johnny Coughlin in Trade with Cincinnati - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Lou Ferrigno to Make Special Appearance on Scout Night - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Announce Several Transactions - Allen Americans
- Royals Take on Thunder to Kick off Back-To-Back on the Road - Reading Royals
- Everblades and Bunnies Set for Three Games in Three Days - Florida Everblades
- Glads Kick off Weekend against Top-Ranked Icemen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Preview: Growlers Land in Texas - Allen Americans
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits VS Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Dropped in Tulsa, 7-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Langan Lifts Solar Bears Past Grizzlies in OT - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Swamp Rabbits Announce 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Swamp Rabbits, Checkers Announce Multiple Roster Moves
- Rabbits Fall Short of Tying Goal, Drop Game 4 2-1 to Everblades
- Rabbits Force Overtime, Fall 4-3 in Overtime to Everblades in Game 4
- Morning Tea: Rd. 1, Game 3 - Swamp Rabbits VS Everblades