Dallas Stars Assign Defenseman Dawson Barteaux to Steelheads
BOISE, Idaho - Defenseman Dawson Barteaux has been assigned by the Dallas Stars to return to the Idaho Steelheads from the Texas Stars, Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Friday.
Barteaux, 22, played 10 games with AHL Texas during his second stint with the team in his career and first of the 2021-22 regular season. The Foxwarren, Man. native opened the season with the Steelheads, posting three assists in five games with one assist on the power play. In 35 career AHL games over two seasons, he owns four points (2-2-4) following his professional debut on Feb. 5, 2021 against the Iowa Wild.
The 6-foot-1 defenseman spent five seasons in the Western Hockey League (WHL) between the Winnipeg Ice, Red Deer Rebels, Regina Pats, totaling 93 points (20-73-93) through 236 games and served as Captain of Red Deer during the 2019-20 season. Barteaux finished atop Winnipeg defensemen in 2019-20 while also leading Red Deer defense in scoring in both the 2018-19 and 2017-18 season. He was selected 168th overall (6th Round) by Dallas in the 2018 NHL Draft.
The Steelheads continue their three-game series against the Kansas City Mavericks tonight at 7:10 p.m. from Idaho Central Arena. Single-game tickets are available for all home games during the 2021-22 regular season by going to idahosteelheads.com or calling 331-TIXS! Make sure to secure your FloSports subscription for the 2021-22 season to lock in all Steelheads games and action from around the ECHL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2022
- Baylis Leads Rush Past Tulsa, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
- Kuffner's Two Goals Not Enough Friday at Xtream Arena - Iowa Heartlanders
- Admirals Lead from Start to Finish, Defeat Stingrays - Norfolk Admirals
- High Scoring Affair Drops Stingrays in Norfolk - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Split Series with 7-2 Decision - Wheeling Nailers
- Rabbits Complete Comeback in Win over Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Increase Win Streak to Three Games with 6-3 Win over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Nell Shuts out Jacksonville in Glads Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Keenan, Myer Score as Toledo Stops Indy, 3-1, on the Road - Toledo Walleye
- Three Goal Period Dooms Blades in 4-3 Loss - Florida Everblades
- Railers Stall Mariners Comeback Attempts - Maine Mariners
- Early Pair of Goals Hand Walleye Win over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Icemen Acquire Defenseman Pavel Vorobey; Berzolla Recalled - Jacksonville Icemen
- Watts Released from PTO; Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 28 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Acquire Steven Oleksy from Walleye - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dallas Stars Assign Defenseman Dawson Barteaux to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel Trade Vorobei to Jacksonville - Indy Fuel
- Rabbits Acquire Johnny Coughlin in Trade with Cincinnati - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Lou Ferrigno to Make Special Appearance on Scout Night - Wichita Thunder
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Announce Several Transactions - Allen Americans
- Royals Take on Thunder to Kick off Back-To-Back on the Road - Reading Royals
- Everblades and Bunnies Set for Three Games in Three Days - Florida Everblades
- Glads Kick off Weekend against Top-Ranked Icemen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Preview: Growlers Land in Texas - Allen Americans
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits VS Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Dropped in Tulsa, 7-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Langan Lifts Solar Bears Past Grizzlies in OT - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.