Swamp Rabbits Soar in Electric Win over Cincinnati
GREENVILLE, S.C. - On Winning Wednesday, the Swamp Rabbits came out flying and did what the night was all about- win. Despite pushback from the Cyclones in the second period, the Swamp Rabbits stayed consistent throughout and defeated Cincinnati in a 5-2 win at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
Tied 2-2 heading into the third period, Greenville made sure to put the game away quickly.
Liam Pecararo grabbed the lead back for the Swamp Rabbits 52 seconds into the third period with his second goal of the night on a top-shelf snipe from the right circle. He now leads the Swamp Rabbits with 21 goals on the season.
Kamerin Nault extended the lead at the 11:14 mark of the period on the rebound after a point shot from Cameron Heath to extend the lead to 4-2. Adam Rockwood sealed the win for the Swamp Rabbits later in the third with a shot that sailed past Cyclones goaltender Michael Houser and into the net to make the final score 5-2.
As in recent games, the Swamp Rabbits landed on the board first. At the 4:44 mark of the first period, Cédric Lacroix finagled a backhander past Houser on a breakaway off a pass from Karl El-Mir and the score was 1-0 for the rest of the period.
Pecararo added another tally for the Swamp Rabbits seven minutes into the second period, scoring his 20th of the season off a pretty give-and-go passing play with Rockwood to make the score 2-0.
The Cyclones bounced right back 24 seconds later when Philippe Hudon shot one past Jake Kupsky to put Cincinnati back within one.
With two minutes left in the second period, Luke Ripley took an interference penalty. Tobie Bisson made him regret it a minute later when his point shot found a way through a screen and past Kupsky to tie the game at two on the power play.
Kupsky ended the game with 28 saves, pacing the Swamp Rabbits to the win.
The Swamp Rabbits head to Cincinnati on Friday for another chance to defeat the Cyclones at 7:35 p.m. before traveling to Indiana the next day for a 6:05 p.m. puck drop.
Images from this story
Greenville Swamp Rabbits forward Liam Pecararo
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2020
- IceMen Score Club Record Nine Goals to Claim Wild Win - Jacksonville IceMen
- Swamp Rabbits Soar in Electric Win over Cincinnati - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall in Midweek Trip Down South - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dornbrock Scores First Goal with Admirals in Loss to Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Tie Most-Lopsided Win in Team History, 8-0 - Reading Royals
- Mariners Overpowered by Royals in Reading - Maine Mariners
- My Community Credit Union and Two Rows of Allen Teacher of the Month - Allen Americans
- Rockford Recalls McLaughlin, Assigns Ramsey - Indy Fuel
- Sarah Wallwork of Green Elementary School in Allen, Named February Teacher of the Month - Allen Americans
- Norfolk Admirals Announce New Season Ticket Packages for 2020-21 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Jacob Doty Returns to Ontario - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Assigned Four, Sign One ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Reid Jackman from Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Sign J.M. Piotrowski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Adds Depth to Backend - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 26 - ECHL
- Oilers Receive Pair from San Diego - Tulsa Oilers
- Rockwood, MacPherson, Bednard Returned to Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Kestner Scores Hat Trick as Walleye Tame Beast - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Preview: Feb 26, 2020 Utah at Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Rays and Shine - Glads Top SC as Point Streak Reaches Five - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rays Fall to Atlanta on Education Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- Diaper Drive at March 14 Game Will Benefit Mary's Shelter - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Admirals at IceMen, February 26, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye: Bring on the Komets - Toledo Walleye
- McDonald & Mills Return to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Florida Everblades Looking to Sign David Ayres as Emergency Zamboni Driver - Florida Everblades
- Willman Returned on Loan, Royals Host Maine Tonight - Reading Royals
- Gladiators sign Swenson, trade Jackman, and Conway recalled - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- Kamerin Nault Returns for Third Season in Greenville
- Atlantic Hockey Scoring Champion Austin McIlmurray Signs
- Two-Way Defenseman Frank Hora Signs with Greenville
- Former Cardiff Devil Bryce Reddick Joins Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Releases Initial 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule