Diaper Drive at March 14 Game Will Benefit Mary's Shelter
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals will host a diaper drive to benefit Mary's Shelter (615 Kenhorst Blvd., Reading, PA) at the team's home game Sat., Mar.14 vs. Norfolk at 7:00 p.m. As part of the drive, fans are encouraged to bring packages of diapers to the game. The packages will be donated to Mary's Shelter, a housing and support shelter for pregnant women and youth ages 13-17 in Reading, PA.
The Royals are home for games Mar. 13-14 and will play on green ice for the first time ever to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Fri., Mar. 13 at 7:00 p.m. is Mental Health Awareness Night and Sat., Mar. 14 at 7:00 p.m. is Autism Awareness Night.
The Friday night game is pres. by RU Okay Berks? and Berks County Mental Health/Developmental Disabilities. At the event, 3 fans will be selected randomly and each will pick one player they think will score a hat trick, if their selected player does, that fan will win $10,000. There's also green beers and $1 domestic drafts, special theme jerseys and a Deibler Dental coaster giveaway. To round out the occasion for college ID night, tickets are $5 with a valid college ID at box office.
The Saturday night Autism Awareness game also features chances to win; 3 fans will be selected randomly and each will pick one player they think will score a hat trick, if their selected player does, that fan will win a 2019 Jeep Compass Limited. It's a sensory-friendly game, with a subdued atmosphere and quiet spaces in the arena. The Royals will also celebrate teachers on teacher appreciation night with $1 Dippin' Dots.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2020
- IceMen Score Club Record Nine Goals to Claim Wild Win - Jacksonville IceMen
- Swamp Rabbits Soar in Electric Win over Cincinnati - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Fall in Midweek Trip Down South - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dornbrock Scores First Goal with Admirals in Loss to Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Tie Most-Lopsided Win in Team History, 8-0 - Reading Royals
- Mariners Overpowered by Royals in Reading - Maine Mariners
- My Community Credit Union and Two Rows of Allen Teacher of the Month - Allen Americans
- Rockford Recalls McLaughlin, Assigns Ramsey - Indy Fuel
- Sarah Wallwork of Green Elementary School in Allen, Named February Teacher of the Month - Allen Americans
- Norfolk Admirals Announce New Season Ticket Packages for 2020-21 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Jacob Doty Returns to Ontario - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Assigned Four, Sign One ahead of Tonight's Game - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Acquire Forward Reid Jackman from Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Sign J.M. Piotrowski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Adds Depth to Backend - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - February 26 - ECHL
- Oilers Receive Pair from San Diego - Tulsa Oilers
- Rockwood, MacPherson, Bednard Returned to Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Kestner Scores Hat Trick as Walleye Tame Beast - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Preview: Feb 26, 2020 Utah at Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Rays and Shine - Glads Top SC as Point Streak Reaches Five - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rays Fall to Atlanta on Education Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- Diaper Drive at March 14 Game Will Benefit Mary's Shelter - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Admirals at IceMen, February 26, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye: Bring on the Komets - Toledo Walleye
- McDonald & Mills Return to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Florida Everblades Looking to Sign David Ayres as Emergency Zamboni Driver - Florida Everblades
- Willman Returned on Loan, Royals Host Maine Tonight - Reading Royals
- Gladiators sign Swenson, trade Jackman, and Conway recalled - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.