Spencer Watson and Carmine Guerriero Join Monarchs
MANCHESTER, N.H. - Manchester Monarchs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Rich Seeley, announced today that Spencer Watson has been assigned to the Monarchs by the Ontario Reign (AHL), and the Monarchs have received Carmine Guerriero in a trade with the Idaho Steelheads.
The Monarchs are the ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Los Angeles Kings.
Watson, 21, rejoins the Monarchs after being called up to the Reign on Feb. 16. Watson has played in 32 games this season for the Monarchs, scoring 34 points on 16 goals and 18 assists. Watson has played in 11 games this season for the Reign, scoring two points on a goal and an assist.
The 5-foot-10, 170-pound native of London, Ontario, was drafted by the Kings (#209 overall) in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. Watson played a combined 274 games in the OHL between the Mississauga Steelheads and the Kingston Frontenacs, where he scored 301 points on 147 goals and 154 assists, to go along with a +99 rating and 88 penalty minutes. During the 2012-13 season with the Frontenacs, Watson was named to the OHL First All-Rookie Team.
Guerriero, 26, joins the Monarchs having played in six ECHL games this season for the South Carolina Stingrays (1), the Brampton Beast (4) and the Idaho Steelheads (1). In his first professional season, Guerriero has posted a 0-2-1-1 record to go along with a 3.25 goals against average and a .870 save percentage.
The 6-foot, 174-pound native of Laval, Quebec, played his collegiate career at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, where he played in 77 games from 2013 to 2017, while posting a 3.19 goals against average and a .910 save percentage. His sophomore season, Guerriero posted a 2.56 goals against average and a .928 save percentage in 29 games for the Chargers.
Watson, Guerriero and the Monarchs face-off against the Adirondack Thunder, Friday night at 7 p.m., at SNHU Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 2, 2018
- Steelheads Hammer Thunder in Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Hop in and out of Overtime In3-2 Win over Swamp Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- GAME REPORT: Eagles Snap Oilers Point Streak - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Claim Wild 7-6 Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Day Chief, Cyclones Finally Solve Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Monarchs Rocked by Thunder, 6-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Allen Takes Game One - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Come from Behind to Top Komets, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Day Chief's Natural Hat Trick Propels Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Drop Heartbreaker in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Dupont's Late Tally Lifts Admirals over Gladiators - Norfolk Admirals
- Driedger Stones Wings as Beast Win 2-1 - Brampton Beast
- IceMen Destroy Royals in Huge Win - Jacksonville IceMen
- Walleye Use Power Play to Top Stingrays, 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Stymied in Jacksonville, 6-1 - Reading Royals
- Wings Drop Goalie Duel in Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Slow Start Halts Glads in 3-2 Loss to Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Railers Take Weekend Opener - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Find Sixth Sense in Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 2 - ECHL
- Americans Hoping New Faces Will Change Luck - Allen Americans
- Predators Reassign Goaltender Matt O'Connor to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Robin Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month for February - Indy Fuel
- Indy's Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Austin Ortega Named ECHL Player of Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday - Adirondack (31-20-3-3) at Manchester (33-18-3-2) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Spencer Watson and Carmine Guerriero Join Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Utah's Ortega Named CCM/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- IceMen Take on Royals at Home - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day: Gladiators Come to Town for Pair of Games - Norfolk Admirals
- Nagle Named ECHL Goalie of the Month for February - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Nagle Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Komets - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Preview: Final Game of Series at Jacksonville - Reading Royals
- Dzierkals Wraps up 4-3 Solar Bears OT Victory over Royals - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.