Gameday - Adirondack (31-20-3-3) at Manchester (33-18-3-2)
WHO: Adirondack Thunder (31-20-3-3) @ Manchester Monarchs (33-18-3-2)
WHAT: ECHL REGULAR SEASON GAME #756
WHEN: Friday, March 2, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
WHERE: SNHU Arena - Manchester, NH
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: The Adirondack Thunder hit the road for a pair of games this weekend in Manchester against the division-leading Monarchs. Adirondack enters the weekend off of a pair of overtime victories last week, most recently a 3-2 win over Wheeling on Sunday afternoon in Glens Falls.
HEAD OVERTIME HEELS: The Adirondack Thunder have played more than the scheduled 60 minutes in each of their last four games. The Thunder have posted a 2-2 record in those games, with the two victories coming in their last two games on Friday and Saturday. Adirondack has won three consecutive games in overtime once in franchise history, coming in March 2016 with wins over Norfolk, South Carolina and Manchester.
HIGH FIVE IN SEVEN: The Thunder took eight of a possible 10 points from five games last week, played over a seven-day stretch. The Thunder defeated Brampton, Reading and Wheeling and earned points against Worcester and Manchester. On Saturday, Adirondack improved to 7-6-2 in the second game of back-to-back sets this season and Sunday's win pushed it to 4-2-1 in the third game of a three-in-three.
TIP OF THE ICEBERGIN: Adirondack defenseman Desmond Bergin scored the game-winning goal in overtime on Sunday as he extended his goal streak to three games. Bergin has now netted 13 goals this season, tied for third in the ECHL amongst defensemen. The Harvard graduate has collected 36 points (13-23-36) on the season, tied for sixth leaguewide in points by a blueliner.
WALL-IN STREET: Thunder forward Terrence Wallin collected a goal and an assist in Sunday's win over Wheeling, his second multi-point effort over his last three games. The 6-0 winger, who tallied his fourth power-play goal of the season in the first period, has now collected 39 points (18-21-39) from 44 games played on the season. Wallin ranks third on the team in goals scored and fourth in total points.
DYNAMIC DEFENSEMEN: Adirondack welcomes back defensemen Mathieu Brodeur and Colton White to the lineup this evening. Brodeur has amassed 22 points (3-19-22) in 35 ECHL games this season and rejoins the team from the AHL's Utica Comets, his third AHL stint of the season. White, who was reassigned from the AHL's Binghamton Devils, has collected two goals and two assists in nine games this season with the Thunder.
MAN OH MANTHA: Goaltender Olivier Mantha was added to the Thunder roster this week after he finished his collegiate career with Alaska-Anchorage. Mantha, who was assigned to Adirondack after he signed an AHL contract with the Syracuse Crunch, left the Seawolves as the program's all-time leader in saves and games played by a goaltender and netted a .908 save percentage over four NCAA seasons.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 2, 2018
- Steelheads Hammer Thunder in Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Hop in and out of Overtime In3-2 Win over Swamp Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- GAME REPORT: Eagles Snap Oilers Point Streak - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Claim Wild 7-6 Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Day Chief, Cyclones Finally Solve Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Monarchs Rocked by Thunder, 6-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Allen Takes Game One - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Come from Behind to Top Komets, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Day Chief's Natural Hat Trick Propels Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Drop Heartbreaker in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Dupont's Late Tally Lifts Admirals over Gladiators - Norfolk Admirals
- Driedger Stones Wings as Beast Win 2-1 - Brampton Beast
- IceMen Destroy Royals in Huge Win - Jacksonville IceMen
- Walleye Use Power Play to Top Stingrays, 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Stymied in Jacksonville, 6-1 - Reading Royals
- Wings Drop Goalie Duel in Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Slow Start Halts Glads in 3-2 Loss to Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Railers Take Weekend Opener - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Find Sixth Sense in Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 2 - ECHL
- Americans Hoping New Faces Will Change Luck - Allen Americans
- Predators Reassign Goaltender Matt O'Connor to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Robin Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month for February - Indy Fuel
- Indy's Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Austin Ortega Named ECHL Player of Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday - Adirondack (31-20-3-3) at Manchester (33-18-3-2) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Spencer Watson and Carmine Guerriero Join Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Utah's Ortega Named CCM/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- IceMen Take on Royals at Home - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day: Gladiators Come to Town for Pair of Games - Norfolk Admirals
- Nagle Named ECHL Goalie of the Month for February - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Nagle Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Komets - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Preview: Final Game of Series at Jacksonville - Reading Royals
- Dzierkals Wraps up 4-3 Solar Bears OT Victory over Royals - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Cool Insuring Arena to Shut Down for Two Weeks
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 Season
- Statement from the Adirondack Thunder on Suspension of ECHL Season
- Thunder's Hutchison Makes Noise During Pro Debut in Loss to Railers
- Thunder Sign Canisius Forward Nick Hutchison