IceMen Take on Royals at Home
Starting tonight, the Jacksonville Icemen (21-29-4-3, 49 pts) kick off a three-game homestand as North Division opponent, Reading Royals (31-20-5-0, 67 pts), visit Veterans Memorial Arena tonight at 7:30 p.m.
This is only the second meeting between the two clubs in the 2017-18 season, presented by Community First Credit Union. Back on Nov. 11, 2017, the Icemen fell to the Royals, 5-1, in Pennsylvania. A lot has changed since then, and both teams have changed complexion in the last few months.
For Reading, tonight's game is the second of a back-to-back, as they fell to the Orlando Solar Bears, 4-3, in overtime last night in Orlando. Mark Dekanich played between the pipes for the Royals in that game, so it is presumed that Branden Komm will be in the crease tonight for Reading. Komm has played in 22 games this season and is second on the team in GAA, posting a 2.53 average and recording 12 wins. Offensively, there have been few players more dominant in the ECHL this season than forward Matt Willows. In his second year with the Royals, Willows is fifth in the ECHL in scoring with 59 points. He also leads the team in game-winning goals this season with five.
The Icemen are returning home following a rough 6-2 loss to the Eastern Conference-leading Florida Everblades. However, in their prior four games, Jacksonville collected seven out of eight possible points, bolstering the club to fifth in the South Division. Elgin Pearce has had the hot hand for the Icemen, carrying a three-game goal streak into tonight's contest. Jacksonville looks to tie its record winning streak at home of three games, set in late January.
Don't have your tickets for tonight's 7:30 p.m. puck drop at Veterans Memorial Arena? You're in luck!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 2, 2018
- Steelheads Hammer Thunder in Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Hop in and out of Overtime In3-2 Win over Swamp Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- GAME REPORT: Eagles Snap Oilers Point Streak - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Claim Wild 7-6 Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Day Chief, Cyclones Finally Solve Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Monarchs Rocked by Thunder, 6-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Allen Takes Game One - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Come from Behind to Top Komets, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Day Chief's Natural Hat Trick Propels Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Drop Heartbreaker in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Dupont's Late Tally Lifts Admirals over Gladiators - Norfolk Admirals
- Driedger Stones Wings as Beast Win 2-1 - Brampton Beast
- IceMen Destroy Royals in Huge Win - Jacksonville IceMen
- Walleye Use Power Play to Top Stingrays, 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Stymied in Jacksonville, 6-1 - Reading Royals
- Wings Drop Goalie Duel in Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Slow Start Halts Glads in 3-2 Loss to Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Railers Take Weekend Opener - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Find Sixth Sense in Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 2 - ECHL
- Americans Hoping New Faces Will Change Luck - Allen Americans
- Predators Reassign Goaltender Matt O'Connor to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Robin Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month for February - Indy Fuel
- Indy's Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Austin Ortega Named ECHL Player of Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday - Adirondack (31-20-3-3) at Manchester (33-18-3-2) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Spencer Watson and Carmine Guerriero Join Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Utah's Ortega Named CCM/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- IceMen Take on Royals at Home - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day: Gladiators Come to Town for Pair of Games - Norfolk Admirals
- Nagle Named ECHL Goalie of the Month for February - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Nagle Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Komets - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Preview: Final Game of Series at Jacksonville - Reading Royals
- Dzierkals Wraps up 4-3 Solar Bears OT Victory over Royals - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville IceMen Stories
- Gameday Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, October 12, 2019
- IceMen Receive Pair of Defensemen from AHL Manitoba
- IceMen Add NHL & AHL Experience with Veteran John Albert
- Manitoba Assigns High-Scoring Forward Alexis D'Aoust to IceMen
- IceMen Announce Training Camp Roster; Add Several Players