Americans Hoping New Faces Will Change Luck
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the San Jose Sharks, host the Rapid City Rush tonight at 7:05 pm at Allen Event Center.
The Americans enter tonight's game losers of four in a row, while Rapid City comes into tonight's contest fresh off a 2-1 victory in Kansas City on Tuesday night.
"We had a great week of practice this week," said Americans defenseman David Makowski. "Guys were loose and having fun. I feel good about our team heading into this weekend's games against Rapid City."
The Americans will head out on a six-game trip out west following this weekend against Rapid City, and then play eight of their final nine games at home.
"We have to be better on home ice," said Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson. "That's been one of the disappointing parts of our season this year, is our home record.
The Americans made a couple 0f changes this week, acquiring forward Thomas Frazee via trade, who is expected to see game action this weekend. In addition, they added goalie Jake Paterson, who was assigned to Allen from the Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL.
Entering tonight's game against the Rush, the Americans are tied with Utah with 56 points each. However, the Americans have one game in-hand. Allen trails Tulsa by three points for the final playoff spot in the Mountain Division with two games in-hand on the Oilers.
is Autograph Friday with Vincent Arseneau, Mathieu Aubin, Joel Chouinard and Stephon Williams all scheduled to sign postgame.
Saturday is the 9th annual Allen Police vs. Allen Fire Charity game with puck drop scheduled to start off the hockey doubleheader evening at 5:00 pm. Doors open at 4:30 pm with the pregame food and beverage specials in effect. One ticket gets you in to both games. Call 972-912-1000 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 2, 2018
- Steelheads Hammer Thunder in Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Hop in and out of Overtime In3-2 Win over Swamp Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- GAME REPORT: Eagles Snap Oilers Point Streak - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Claim Wild 7-6 Shootout Win - Quad City Mallards
- Day Chief, Cyclones Finally Solve Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Monarchs Rocked by Thunder, 6-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Allen Takes Game One - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Come from Behind to Top Komets, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Day Chief's Natural Hat Trick Propels Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Drop Heartbreaker in Overtime - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Dupont's Late Tally Lifts Admirals over Gladiators - Norfolk Admirals
- Driedger Stones Wings as Beast Win 2-1 - Brampton Beast
- IceMen Destroy Royals in Huge Win - Jacksonville IceMen
- Walleye Use Power Play to Top Stingrays, 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Stymied in Jacksonville, 6-1 - Reading Royals
- Wings Drop Goalie Duel in Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
- Slow Start Halts Glads in 3-2 Loss to Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Railers Take Weekend Opener - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Find Sixth Sense in Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines at Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 2 - ECHL
- Americans Hoping New Faces Will Change Luck - Allen Americans
- Predators Reassign Goaltender Matt O'Connor to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Robin Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month for February - Indy Fuel
- Indy's Press Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Austin Ortega Named ECHL Player of Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Gameday - Adirondack (31-20-3-3) at Manchester (33-18-3-2) - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Spencer Watson and Carmine Guerriero Join Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Utah's Ortega Named CCM/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- IceMen Take on Royals at Home - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, March 2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day: Gladiators Come to Town for Pair of Games - Norfolk Admirals
- Nagle Named ECHL Goalie of the Month for February - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Nagle Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks vs. Komets - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Preview: Final Game of Series at Jacksonville - Reading Royals
- Dzierkals Wraps up 4-3 Solar Bears OT Victory over Royals - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.