Roadrunners Thank Military and Veterans this Week
Tucson, Arizona - The Tucson Roadrunners, owned and operated by the Arizona Coyotes, will honor and thank active military and veterans this week leading up to the team's Military Appreciation Night game Saturday night against Ontario at 7 p.m. from Tucson Arena.
Today, the team's mascot Dusty will spend the afternoon delivering tickets to Saturday's game to active military, veterans, staff and volunteers at Southern Arizona VA Health Care and Esperanza En Escalante.
Saturday night the Roadrunners have teamed with the Allstate Brittni Linae Gutman Insurance Agency, LLC and our valued Season Ticket Members to donate game tickets to active and retired military members and their families. Roadrunners players and Head Coach Jay Varady will also be sharing video messages throughout the night to personally thank the veterans and current military members.
For Military Appreciation Night, the Roadrunners will be wearing Military Appreciation themed Kachina jerseys that will be auctioned off live after the game with all proceeds going to Vet Tix. Vet Tix enriches the lives of our Military and Veterans by providing reintegration opportunities and family bonding experiences by providing free tickets to socially interactive events.
The team also has a discounted ticket offer available for Saturday where $1 from each discounted ticket purchased will be donated to Vet Tix. That offer is available HERE.
In the arena, the Roadrunners are proud to welcome friends from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base to perform the Star-Spangled Banner with their Color Guard and also participate in the game's ceremonial first puck drop. There will also be Roadrunners military themed postcards for fans to write thank you notes on that will be shipped to servicemembers. At the Roadrunners Give Back table, player signed sticks wrapped in camouflage tape will be on sale to benefit the foundation. Roadrunners Give Back is a branch of the Arizona Coyotes Foundation.
Just Sports, the Roadrunners official merchandise provider, will also have military themed Roadrunners gear available on the concourse.
And finally, the team has partnered with Veteran Rescue Mission to collect donations of gift cards and old electronics as fans enter the arena. Veteran Rescue Mission is a Veteran led front searching for all homeless Vets in order to pair them with their earned benefits, in an effort to minimize Veteran recidivism, and suicide. Their primary objective is to distinguish the need of Veterans with low incomes, in Arizona and the greater United States, educate the public on the research gathered, and work with the public to address the need distinguished. More information on the Veteran Rescue Mission can be found HERE . They also host The Voice Common Good Radio Show every Sunday on www.KVOI.com 1030AM to highlight the people and organizations doing Good in Tucson Hosted by Pastor Jon McLane and Andres Ruiz.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2021
- Second-Period Surge Sends Amerks Past Penguins - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Silenced by Americans in 5-1 Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shortie Explosion - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Skarek Sacks Syracuse as Islanders Win, 3-1 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Crunch Topped by Islanders, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Providence Bruins Fall to Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Anas' 2nd Period Surge Puts T-Birds Back in Win Column - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Ride Strong Second Period Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- 5 Things: Heat at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Morning Skate: Aiming for 8 Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Teddy Bear Toss Tickets on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Chicago Blackhawks Assign Wyatt Kalynuk to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Max McCormick Assigned to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Panthers Assign Christopher Gibson to Charlotte, Checkers Recall Ryan Lohin from ECHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Hockey, Hops, Hot Dogs - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Move Home Game Date to Sunday, February 20 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Blackhawks Assign Isaak Phillips to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Thank Military and Veterans this Week - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hockey and Hops Is November 13 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Clurman Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Assign Bourque to Newfoundland - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview vs. San Diego: November 10 - Henderson Silver Knights
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Dakota Joshua from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Heat Eye Eight Straight Wednesday at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Benefiting Upstate Cancer Center November 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Islanders Begin Five-Game Road Trip Tonight in Syracuse - Bridgeport Islanders
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Andrej Sustr to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Conclude Road Swing at Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Hershey Bears Announce Multiple Roster Moves - Hershey Bears
- Blackhawks Assign Kalynuk to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, November 10 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Islanders Begin Road Trip in Syracuse Tonight - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Host the Wild on a Winning Weekday Tonight at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.