Syracuse Crunch to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Benefiting Upstate Cancer Center November 27
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch are hosting Hockey Fights Cancer™ Night benefiting Upstate Cancer Center on Saturday, Nov. 27 when the team plays the Rochester Americans at 7 p.m.
As part of Hockey Fights Cancer™ Night, fans will have the opportunity to display the names of family and friends who have fought cancer on two dasherboard signs. Fans may submit names through a form on the Crunch website now through Wednesday, Nov. 17 at 12 p.m.
Additionally, the Crunch will wear lavender and black specialty jerseys during the game that will be auctioned off to raise money for the Upstate Cancer Center. Additional information about the jersey auction and Hockey Fights Cancer™ Night will be announced at a later date.
During the game, fans can use the GiveSmart platform to purchase raffle tickets for specialty signed Hockey Fights Cancer™ nameplates and bid on other exclusive items with a portion of proceeds benefiting Upstate Cancer Center. Fans can view items and place bids by texting Crunch to 76278.
Throughout home games leading up to Nov. 27, fans can fill out lavender "I Fight For" signs that will be displayed on Hockey Fights Cancer™ Night. The signs will be at the community table located on the second floor of the concourse.
The Upstate Cancer Center is a 110,000-square-foot facility dedicated to outpatient cancer services for both children and adults. Multidisciplinary teams treat all cancers in a single location, close to home, with some of the most advanced cancer-fighting technology available in the area. Upstate's cancer care has been honored nationally by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons and is among a distinguished group of accredited cancer programs throughout the United States. The Upstate Cancer Center is located adjacent to Upstate University Hospital at 750 East Adams Street in Syracuse. Other Upstate Cancer Center sites in Syracuse include Radiation Oncology at Hill Medical Center and Gynecologic Oncology at Madison-Irving Medical Center. Upstate Cancer Center satellite offices include Hematology/Oncology and Radiation Oncology at Oneida; Hematology/Oncology and Radiation Oncology at Oswego; and coming soon, Hematology/Oncology at Upstate Community Hospital.
Single game tickets and ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the Upstate Medical University Arena at Onondaga County War Memorial at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2021
- Second-Period Surge Sends Amerks Past Penguins - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Silenced by Americans in 5-1 Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Shortie Explosion - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Skarek Sacks Syracuse as Islanders Win, 3-1 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Crunch Topped by Islanders, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Providence Bruins Fall to Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Anas' 2nd Period Surge Puts T-Birds Back in Win Column - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Ride Strong Second Period Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- 5 Things: Heat at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Morning Skate: Aiming for 8 Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Teddy Bear Toss Tickets on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Chicago Blackhawks Assign Wyatt Kalynuk to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Max McCormick Assigned to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Panthers Assign Christopher Gibson to Charlotte, Checkers Recall Ryan Lohin from ECHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Hockey, Hops, Hot Dogs - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Move Home Game Date to Sunday, February 20 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Blackhawks Assign Isaak Phillips to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Thank Military and Veterans this Week - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hockey and Hops Is November 13 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Clurman Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Assign Bourque to Newfoundland - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview vs. San Diego: November 10 - Henderson Silver Knights
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Dakota Joshua from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Heat Eye Eight Straight Wednesday at Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Benefiting Upstate Cancer Center November 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Islanders Begin Five-Game Road Trip Tonight in Syracuse - Bridgeport Islanders
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Andrej Sustr to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Conclude Road Swing at Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Hershey Bears Announce Multiple Roster Moves - Hershey Bears
- Blackhawks Assign Kalynuk to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, November 10 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Islanders Begin Road Trip in Syracuse Tonight - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Host the Wild on a Winning Weekday Tonight at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.