River Cats drop final game of series 8-5
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA - The Sacramento River Cats (20-20) fell to the Tacoma Rainiers (20-20) in the series finale 8-5 to fall back to .500 and are now tied for second place with Tacoma in the Pacific Northern division.
Right-hander Tyler Beede pitched a season-high 6.2 innings and got through five scoreless, but began to unravel as he allowed three runs in the sixth and one more in the seventh. The young right-hander allowed six hits, walked four batters, and struck out three on the afternoon.
The River Cats opened the scoring on a home run by Chase d'Arnaud in the bottom of the first inning. Sacramento scored next in the fifth inning with RBI doubles from Steven Duggar and Chris Shaw to push the lead to 3-0. Similar to last night, however, Tacoma erupted late by scoring three in the sixth and adding another four in the eighth.
The River Cats have an off day on Wednesday for the first time since April 24 and will then travel to Salt Lake City to take on the Bees. Sacramento will send left-hander Matt Gage (2-1, 3.86) to the mound to face off with left-hander John Lamb (1-0, 2.81). First pitch on Thursday is set for 5:35 p.m. (PT). Catch all of the action live online at rivercats.com, on the MiLB First Pitch app, and on the air on Money 105.5 FM beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Myles Schroder launched a solo home run in the eighth inning, Paired with d'Arnaud's long ball in the first, it is the first time since May 8 that the River Cats have hit multiple homers in a game.
- Shaw reached the 30-RBI mark with a double in the fifth inning. He leads the team in hits (39), home runs (10), and RBI (30).
- Along with his first-inning homer, d'Arnaud added a double in the ninth inning and went 2-for-5 with one RBI and two runs scored.
The Sacramento River Cats are the Triple-A affiliate of the three-time World Champion San Francisco Giants. The team plays at Raley Field in West Sacramento, consistently voted one of the top ballparks in America. River Cats Season Tickets, Mini-Plans, and Flex Plans can be purchased for the 2018 season by calling the River Cats Ticket Hotline at (916) 371-HITS (4487). For more information about the River Cats, visit www.rivercats.com. For information on other events at Raley Field, visit www.raleyfield.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento River Cats Stories
- Full 2019 Sacramento River Cats Schedule Now Available
- 2019 Giant Pack Now Available Online for Thanksgiving Holiday
- River Cats Unveil New Alternate Logo and Cap for Club's 20th Season
- Sacramento River Cats - 2018 End of Season Notes
- River Cats drop final game of 2018 as 51s walk off