Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday
The Fresno Tacos (24-16) kept the brooms in the closet, falling to the Salt Lake Bees (23-17) 3-2 Tuesday morning from Chukchansi Park. Today's starters in Rogelio Armenteros and Osmer Morales kept hitters at bay, both allowed one run in five and two-thirds innings. Armenteros punched out eight, tying a season-high.
Salt Lake grabbed a 1-0 lead in the top of the third from a Kaleb Cowart RBI single to center.
Jon Kemmer knotted the game at one in the bottom of the fifth after belting a solo shot to right. It was his sixth home run and 18th RBI of the season.
Tyler White (2-for-4) gave the Tacos a 2-1 advantage in the home half of the seventh after lacing a single into left, plating Antonio Nunez. With two singles, White extended his hit streak to a team-high 10 games and reached base for the 37th consecutive game. Nunez also bolstered his hit streak to a modest five games.
The Bees tied the game at two in the top of the eighth thanks to a double in the left-center gap by Jabari Blash. One inning later, David Fletcher drove in the go-ahead run for Salt Lake with a single to left.
A 3-2 lead was enough for Eduardo Paredes, who received three fly balls to end the game. It was his first save of the season.
James Hoyt (0-1) suffered the defeat, allowing the go-ahead run in the ninth while Adam Hofacket (5-0) enjoyed the win. He worked a scoreless eighth.
Kyle Tucker added a pair of hits in the loss. The Tacos fell to 4-5 in one-run affairs and 7-8 in May.
Fresno will enjoy an off-day on Wednesday before heading to El Paso for a four-game series against the Chihuahuas. First pitch is scheduled for 5:35 PT Thursday night from Southwest University Park. RHP Josh James (0-1, 5.40) gets the ball for the Grizzlies, while RHP Chris Huffman (2-3, 5.30) goes for El Paso.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce Washington Nationals as New Triple-A Affiliate
- Fresno Grizzlies to Seek New MLB Affiliate for 2019
- Grizzlies Season Ends with 5-0 Loss to Memphis
- Walk-Off Squeeze Bunt Gives Memphis a 2-1 Series Lead over Fresno
- Fresno Squares PCL Championship 1-1 Thanks to Thornton's Gem, 3 Homers