OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Dodgers will honor the service and dedication of local military members and their families Friday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark on the first of two Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Nights this season.
The Dodgers play the Nashville Sounds at 7:05 p.m. Friday, and special festivities will be held throughout the evening, culminating with postgame fireworks, presented by Oklahoma Blood Institute.
"Our Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Nights are always some of our most anticipated dates on our schedule because they provide us with the opportunity to show our gratitude to our local service members and their families first-hand," OKC Dodgers President/General Manager Michael Byrnes said. "These commemorative nights allow us to honor the sacrifices and commitments made by these devoted individuals and show how appreciative the Oklahoma City community is for their service."
An Air Force F-16 Mini-Jet and customized SUVs will be on display on the Warren Spahn and Johnny Bench Plazas and a swearing-in ceremony of new Air Force recruits will take place on the field prior to the game.
Representatives from Tinker Air Force Base will participate in several pregame events. Col. Geoffrey Weiss, 552 Air Control Wing CC, is scheduled to throw out the first pitch. Command Chief Master Sgt. Mark Hurst is slated to deliver the lineup card and Airman Lauren McNary will perform the national anthem. The Tinker Air Force Base Honor Guard will present the colors.
Retirement and re-enlistment ceremonies will take place between innings, as well as a working dog demo by Tinker Air Force Base's Security Forces.
The Dodgers open a four-game series against Nashville at 7:05 p.m. on a $2 Thursday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, featuring $2 Pepsi products, bottled water and select beer.
The series continues at 7:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday before wrapping up with a 2:05 p.m. game on a Chaparral Energy Family Sunday, featuring pregame player autographs, a mascot meet-and-greet, face painters, inflatables and postgame kids run the bases.
The second Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night of the season is slated for Friday, Aug. 17 when the Dodgers play the Iowa Cubs at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
OKC Dodgers tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Named 2018 Triple-A Winner of Bob Freitas Award
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City Named Finalist for 2018 Copa de la Diversion
- OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation Helps Provide Winter Coats to Area Elementary Students
- OKC Dodgers MVP Program Now Available Statewide in Oklahoma, Presented by Devon Energy
- Traxxas Monster Truck Tour at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Postponed