'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale
NEW ORLEANS, LA - New Orleans scored 12 times from the 4th-6th innings, and cruised to a 16-0 victory over Omaha on Tuesday afternoon at The Shrine On Airline.
The game was scoreless until the bottom of the 4th, when New Orleans erupted for 5 runs on 6 hits. Tomas Telis singled, Chad Wallach singled, Cristhian Adames doubled, Rafael Ortega drove in a run with a groundout, Austin Dean doubled, Isaac Galloway tripled, Eric Campbell walked, and JT Riddle singled against Jon Dziedzic (L, 1-5).
Dziedzic was removed after the 4th inning; he was charged with 5 runs, 9 hits, and 2 walks. He struck out 2.
New Orleans added 4 more in the 5th inning, despite mustering only 1 hit against Kevin Lenik . Chad Wallach was hit by a pitch, Cristhian Adamas and Jonathan Rodriguez walked, Austin Dean walked, Isaac Galloway lifted a sacrifice fly to center, and Eric Campbell doubled home 2 more for a 9-0 lead.
Eric Stout was charged with 3 additional runs in the bottom of the 6th. Tomas Telis singled, Cristhian Adames and Jonathan Rodriguez walked, Rafael Ortega singled, Austin Dean drove a sacrifice fly to center, and Isaac Galloway singled. It was 12-0.
Zac Gallen (W, 4-1) worked 6 scoreless innings for New Orleans, scattering 7 hits. He struck out 2 and walked 1.
The Baby Cakes added another run against Josh Staumont in the bottom of the 7th, on a JT Riddle Walk, a Tomas Telis single, and a Cristhian Adames double.
Infielder Humberto Arteaga made his 2nd pitching appearance of the season in the bottom of the 8th, and New Orleans piled on 3 more runs, highlighted by a J.T. Riddle 2-run homer.
The Storm Chasers (14-25) will enjoy an off-day tomorrow, and will continue their road trip on Thursday in Iowa. RHP Heath Fillmyer (2-3, 5.29) will pitch for Omaha, while Iowa's starter is to be announced. First pitch is scheduled for 6:38 Central Time.
Single-game tickets are available for all remaining 2018 Storm Chasers home contests, and may be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com/tickets, or through the Werner Park Ticket Office during open hours from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday either in-person or by calling (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- Storm Chasers Announce Front Office Staff Promotions, Additions for 2019
- "Walk-In Wednesdays" Begin January 2
- Chasers' "Walk-In Wednesdays" Begin on January 2
- Staumont, Hernandez Added to Royals' 40-Man Roster
- Storm Chasers Organization Sets All-Time Charitable Giving Record in 2018