Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid
Walker Lockett pitched into the seventh inning in Monday's 6-3 win for the El Paso Chihuahuas over the Reno Aces. Lockett allowed only two runs, which was the third consecutive game El Paso's starter allowed two runs or less. The win snapped a three-game losing streak.
Allen Craig started at first base and went 3-for-4 with a long home run to left field and two RBIs. The top three hitters in the Chihuahuas' order, Luis Urias, Auston Bousfield and Brett Nicholas had two hits apiece. Trey Wingenter and Tyler Webb both tossed scoreless outings out of the El Paso bullpen. Jose Castillo pitched the ninth inning and let in one run in his Triple-A debut.
The victory pushed El Paso's record to above .500. The Chihuahuas have not had a losing record at any point this season. Shane Peterson went 1-for-5 and now has 998 minor league hits in his career. El Paso's 13-6 road record is the best in the Pacific Coast League.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-aces/2018/05/14/543226#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=543226
Team Records: El Paso (20-19), Reno (16-23)
Next Game: Tuesday, 12:35 pm at Greater Nevada Field. El Paso RHP Luis Perdomo (3-1, 3.10) vs. Reno RHP Jake Buchanan (1-3, 4.63). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
El Paso 6 Reno 3 - Monday
WP: Lockett (2-3)
LP: Vasquez (3-1)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.