Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1
The Reno Aces got past the El Paso Chihuahuas 3-1 Tuesday in a quick-moving game at Greater Nevada Field. The Aces won three of the four games in the series.
El Paso's lone run came on a solo home run by Brett Nicholas in the top of the eighth inning, his 11th home run of the season. The longball stopped El Paso from being shut out for the first time this season. Nicholas had multiple hits and at least one RBI in both of the final two games of the series.
The Chihuahuas had strong starting pitching in the series, as none of the four starters allowed more than two earned runs. Neither team scored more than six runs in any of the four games at Greater Nevada Field, which is usually known as a hitters' ballpark. Tuesday's contest finished three minutes longer than the shortest nine-inning game in Chihuahuas' history, set April 30, 2016 at Fresno.
The Chihuahuas do not play on Wednesday.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-aces/2018/05/15/543227#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=543227
Team Records: El Paso (20-20), Reno (17-23)
Next Game: Thursday, 6:35 pm at Southwest University Park. Fresno RHP Josh James (0-1, 5.40) vs. El Paso RHP Chris Huffman (2-3, 5.30). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
Reno 3 El Paso 1 - Tuesday
WP: Buchanan (2-3)
LP: Perdomo (3-2)
S: Bracho (1)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.