Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake
For the third straight game, the Fresno Grizzlies (24-15) defeated the Salt Lake Bees (22-17) 4-3 Monday night from Chukchansi Park. With the win, Fresno earned their sixth series win in ten matchups. The Grizzlies also improved to 21-0 when leading after eight innings and 24-5 when scoring more than three runs. In both one-run games and in May, Fresno got back to .500 (4-4, 7-7). Tony Kemp (2-for-4) expanded his hit streak to a team-high 20 games, four away from his streak in 2017.
Salt Lake drew first blood with two runs in the top of the fifth. A wild pitch and fielder's choice helped the cause.
Tim Federowicz (2-for-4) knotted the score at two in the bottom of the sixth when he blasted a home run to left. It was his fourth longball of the season. Federowicz also crossed the plate twice in the win.
Jon Kemmer gave Fresno a 4-2 lead in the bottom of the eighth after smacking a go-ahead triple to the left-center gap.
The two-run advantage was cut in half in the top of the ninth when Jose Briceno hoisted a pitch to left. It was his sixth homer of the season. James Hoyt secured the victory after a flyout from Dustin Ackley, earning his second save.
J.D. Davis added a pair of hits and runs, while Matt Ramsey hurled two perfect frames, striking out a season-high five batters (all consecutive). Both starters did not factor in the decision. Fresno reliever Reymin Guduan got his third win after a clean eighth and Jake Jewell suffered his second loss for Salt Lake.
Both teams finish the four-game series bright and early Tuesday morning with first pitch scheduled for 11:05 a.m. PT. The Grizzlies will become the Tacos for the second time at Chukchansi Park this season, sending RHP Rogelio Armenteros (2-0, 4.30) to the bump. The Bees counter with fellow righty Osmer Morales (2-2, 6.61).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies and Partners Finalize CA Wildfire Supply & Donation Drive
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce Washington Nationals as New Triple-A Affiliate
- Fresno Grizzlies to Seek New MLB Affiliate for 2019
- Grizzlies Season Ends with 5-0 Loss to Memphis
- Walk-Off Squeeze Bunt Gives Memphis a 2-1 Series Lead over Fresno