Reno Aces Game Notes
Today's Game: The Reno Aces come into the homestand finale Tuesday morning looking for a series victory over the El Paso Chihuahuas. Reno holds a 2-1 advantage in this four-game set. RHP Jake Buchanan will get the nod for Greg Gross and look for his second win of the season. Christian Walker has dominated El Paso pitching this series (7-for-11, 2 R, 2 2B, 3 G).
About Last Night: Game three of the four-game set against the El Paso Chihuahuas went to the visiting ballclub. Last night's starter, Albert Suarez, went 3.0 IP and allowed one run on four hits before exiting the game due to an unknown injury before starting the fourth inning. Left-hander Anthony Vasquez came into the contest and delivered a one-two-three frame. Vasquez provided great length for the Reno bullpen (4.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 7 K). His seven K's last night marks his Aces season-high and his most in Triple-A since August 5, 2017 against Columbus. Offensively, the Aces were led by Yasmany Tomas who finished 2-for-4 for his 11th multi-hit game of the season.
Off the Bench: Kristopher Negron made use of his lone at-bat tonight, launching a solo home run in the bottom of the 9th inning. Negron is the second Aces player this season to record a pinch-hit home run. Kevin Cron hit his first Aces home run as a pinch hitter on May 10 vs. Albuquerque. Negron was one of three players last season with a pinch-hit home run. His last came on August 15, 2017 vs. Sacramento. There have been 20 pinch-hit home runs in Aces history. Negron joins Chris Rahl as the only Aces players with multi-pinch-hit home runs. Rahl played just 87 games in Reno in 2010. To date, manager Greg Gross ranks fifth in MLB history for most pinch-hits (143).
Vasquez 7's: Anthony Vasquez recorded his first seven-strikeout game of the season for Reno last night. On April 18, as a member of the Double-A Jackson Generals, struck out seven out of the bullpen to record the save against Birmingham. His seven K's last night marks his Aces season-high and his most in Triple-A since August 5, 2017 against Columbus.
Pacific North Battle: The Pacific Coast League Pacific Northern Divison has combined for 79 victories this season, most of any division in the PCL. Both the American Southern Division and Pacific Southern Division have 77 total wins and the American Northern Division brings up the rear with 74. The Iowa Cubs (12-24) and Round Rock Express (15-24) both have records inferior to the Aces and in-state rival Las Vegas is tied with a record of 16-23.
Road Trip Looming: The Aces have just one more games slated this homestand (today vs. El Paso) before hitting the road for a 13-day road trip (Albuquerque/Fresno/Salt Lake). With games penciled in against Las Vegas on May 30 and 31, don't miss your chance to catch the Aces in action this month. For tickets and information vist renoaces.com or call 775-334-7000.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 15, 2018
- Series Finale in Colorado Springs Postponed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox May 15 Game Postponed Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats drop final game of series 8-5 - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Mount Late Comeback, Topple River Cats 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Prevail on Fletcher's Clutch RBI - Salt Lake Bees
- Texas Rangers Purchase Contract of Express INF Hanser Alberto - Round Rock Express
- Salt Lake Bees Begin Weekend Homestand Thursday - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees avoid sweep with a 3-2 win on Taco Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Tops Chihuahuas 3-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- I-Cubs Miss Offensive Opportunities in Round Rock Loss - Iowa Cubs
- Express Win Series with 4-2 Victory over Cubs - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Rally But Drop Series Finale to Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes Match Largest Win in Franchise History - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- 'Cakes Slice Chasers 16-0 in Series Finale - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gossett Shines as Sounds Hold off Redbirds in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Rally Late to Beat Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (19-18) at Memphis Redbirds (23-16) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Host Hometown Heroes Military Celebration Night Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-16) vs Nashville Sounds (19-18) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento falls to Tacoma to knot up series - Sacramento River Cats
- Werth, Motter Lead Rainiers Past River Cats, 8-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Negron Ties Aces Record in Reno Loss - Reno Aces
- Lockett's Strong Start Ends Chihuahuas' Skid - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Dodgers Stumble in The Springs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Fall to 51s Despite Oberholtzer's Strong Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kemmer's go-ahead triple in the 8th gives Fresno series win versus Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Orf, Opitz Homer in Sky Sox Third Straight Win over Dodgers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Greater Nevada Field, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe Brings Teton Gravity Research Winter Film to Northern Nevada
- Multiple Teams See New Affiliations in Pacific Coast League
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Final Regular Season Game
- Aces Win Penultimate Regular Season Contest, 5-2
- Reno Aces Game Notes 9.2.18 vs. Albuquerque