Red Wings Summon Cholowski
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings have recalled defenseman Dennis Cholowski from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Since being assigned to Grand Rapids on Dec. 11, Cholowski has recorded five points (2-3-5) - including his first two AHL goals - and two penalty minutes in 17 games. The 21-year-old began this season in Detroit and has accounted for eight points (2-6-8) and four PIM in 29 appearances while averaging 19:34 of ice time.
Cholowski made his Red Wings debut on Oct. 4, 2018 - becoming the 169th Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL - and has produced 24 points (9-15-24) and 20 PIM in 81 career games for Detroit.
Selected 20th overall in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft by the Red Wings, Cholowski has appeared in 43 regular season AHL contests for Grand Rapids over parts of three seasons (2016-17, 2018-20), totaling 17 points (2-15-17) and 14 PIM. In six Calder Cup Playoff tilts, he shows two assists.
A native of Langley, British Columbia, Cholowski combined for 66 points (14-52-66), a plus-29 rating and 32 PIM while splitting the 2017-18 major junior campaign between Prince George (13-26-39 in 37 GP) and Portland (1-26-27 in 32 GP) of the Western Hockey League. Cholowski also played one season at St. Cloud State University in 2016-17 and tallied 12 points (1-11-12) in 36 games.
The Griffins (18-19-2-4) are on a season-high six-game point streak and continue their eight-game homestand against the Iowa Wild today at 7 p.m.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2020
- Rocket Win Tight Game against Crunch, 3-2 in OT - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Halt Skid with Overtime Win in Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Post Game Notes: Stars 1 at IceHogs 0 - Texas Stars
- Devils Stun Comets In 5-3 Comeback Win - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Squander Three-Goal Lead in Loss to Devils - Utica Comets
- Monsters Pick up Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Rocket in Overtime, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Topple Bears Behind 2-Goal Night from Ang - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Point Streak at Six After Shootout Loss - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Complete Comeback, Beat Lehigh Valley Phantoms in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Bears Fall Behind Early, Drop 5-2 Decision in Springfield - Hershey Bears
- Statement from Boko Imama - Ontario Reign
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Jimmy Huntington to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Extensive Coverage Set for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Panthers Loan D Riley Stillman, G Sam Montembeault to T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Skillet Kicks off Admirals Concert Series on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Daccord, Gustavsson Collect First Shutouts - Belleville Senators
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Cameron Gaunce Named 2020 AHL All-Star - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Gaunce Added to Roster for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Red Wings Summon Cholowski - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Condors Home Tonight at 6:30 with $5 Margaritas and $2 Sodas - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Miracle on Ice Night February 14 - Syracuse Crunch
- Flyers Send Lyon, Bunnaman and Rubtsov to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Assign Igor Shesterkin and Phillip Di Giuseppe to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hill Dominant, Ushers Roadrunners To Return Home With Another Winning Road Trip - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Break Gulls Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Earn Point in OT Loss to Pens - San Antonio Rampage
- Ads Win Battle of Division Leaders - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Use More Bellerive Heroics for Overtime Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.