Peyton Burdick Named Player of the Week
CLINTON, IA - Clinton LumberKings leftfielder Peyton Burdick has been named the Midwest League Player of the Week for August 5-11. Burdick earned the honor for a slash line of .394/.429/.758 over seven games that included six doubles, two home runs, 12 RBIs, five runs scored, and a walk.
Burdick, 22, joins Clinton Opening Day starter Chris Vallimont as the second LumberKings to win the Midwest League Player of the Week Award in 2019.
His week of success included at least one hit in all seven games and is part of his current 10-game hitting streak. In addition, Burdick drove in at least one run in all of his games during the week helping Clinton to snap a seven-game losing streak that was their longest of the year. Some of the highlights included a home run off the scoreboard at Modern Woodmen Park and a blast against the Chiefs on August 11th that was part of a team high 19 hit performance.
The Batavia, Ohio native was drafted by the Miami Marlins in the 3rd round of the 2019 MLB Draft out of Wright State. He began his professional career with the Batavia Muckdogs before earning the promotion to the Clinton LumberKings on June 23rd. Following his winning of the Player of the Week Award he went 2-for-3 against the Chiefs on Monday afternoon, August 12th, with two home runs and a career high six RBIs.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Cubs Drop Finale to TinCaps 3-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Nuts Sweep Dragons, Win 4th Straight - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bees Win Series, Drop Finale - Burlington Bees
- Middle of Lineup Helps Cougars Avoid Sweep - Kane County Cougars
- TinCaps Win South Bend Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Picantes' Offense Smoking Hot - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Avoid Sweep With 9th Inning Push In Cedar Rapids - Beloit Snappers
- Beloit Tops Cedar Rapids in Series Finale - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- 'Caps Score Six in 13-6 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lansing Holds off Dragons 9th Inning Comeback Bid to Win, 4-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts Pitcher Pardinho Placed on Injured List - Lansing Lugnuts
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights: August 14-16 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Wisconsin Edges River Bandits 4-3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Peyton Burdick Named Player of the Week - Clinton LumberKings
- Burdick Homers Twice, LumberKings Win 4th Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 12 at South Bend (Game 118) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bandits Come up Short in Series Finale at Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Fall Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Loons Drop Series Finale - Great Lakes Loons
- Qsar Homers Again, Trageton K's Nine in 4-1 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- OF James Nix transferred from GCL Astros to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kirby, Greene Save 'Caps Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.