P-Bruins Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Bridgeport Sound Tigers
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence Bruins outshot the Bridgeport Sound Tigers 44-26, including a 19-4 advantage in the third period, but failed to score the equalizing goal and fell, 2-1, on Friday night at Dunkin' Donuts Center.
Pavel Shen scored the lone goal for Providence, his fourth of the season, while Dan Vladar recorded 24 saves on 26 shots.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
BRIDGEPORT 1 1 0 2
PROVIDENCE 0 0 1 1
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"The power play was very disappointing. In a game like that when their goaltender is playing that well, our power play has to capitalize. We're very disappointed in that.
"Other than that, I think it was your standard Friday night game after a long week. I think we started a bit slow and got going as the second and third came around.
"At the end of the day, they scored one more than we did. We certainly had our opportunities to at least tie the game and get a point. We couldn't capitalize offensively and we've got plenty of room to improve heading into tomorrow."
JEREMY LAUZON - ONE ASSIST
"I think during the first period we were pretty sloppy in our own zone. We need to tighten some things up there. We played better for the rest of the game.
"When we have chances, I think we need to be a little more aggressive. Lately we've just been struggling to score. We need to stay positive and stay tight as a group moving forward.
"These games are frustrating. We obviously outshot them and I thought we played good enough to win. We just have to keep our heads up and keep pushing forward."
- Jeremy Lauzon recorded an assist for the second consecutive game. His 11 assists and 12 points this season are both career highs.
- Brendan Woods also collected an assist on the Shen goal. Woods has now collected points in three straight games with two goals and two assists over that span.
- The P-Bruins will travel to Bridgeport, Connecticut for a rematch with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Saturday, January 18 at Webster Bank Arena. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Barracuda Tame Wild 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls to San Jose 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Stars Top Penguins 4-3 in Shootout Thriller - Texas Stars
- Penguins Fight Back, But Lose in Shootout to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Force Overtime, But Fall in Shootout to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Halt Streaking Devils in 4-1 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Coreau makes season-high 43 saves in tough win on the road - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monsters End Skid with Thrilling 4-3 Shootout Win over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Bailey Lifts Comets past Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bailey's Second Straight Hat Trick Powers Comets To Win - Utica Comets
- Crunch Downed by Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bednard Brilliant to Earn 4-1 T-Birds Win in AHL Debut - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Forward Mason Shaw Set to Make Season Debut - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Host "Hockey Without Barriers" Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mann Reflects on Season at Midway Point - Belleville Senators
- Moose to Skate with Minor Hockey Teams - Manitoba Moose
- Get a Free IceHogs Block Figurine at LEGO/Autism Awareness Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Loan Fitzgerald and Drake to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Springfield Thunderbirds Announce Hockey Fights Cancer Donations - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Dallas Stars Acquire Forward Oula Palve from Pittsburgh in Exchange for Defenseman John Nyberg - Texas Stars
- Reign Sign Griffen Molino to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Brayden Burke Selected to 2020 All-Star Classic - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Benson Named to the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield's Benson, Tucson's Burke Added to Roster for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Coyotes Recall Capobianco; Assign Prosvetov to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Look to Bounce Back Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 17, 2020 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- T-Birds Visit Crunch, Bruins this Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game 36 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Hungry for Points against Bruins - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Hold on for Win over Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- Vladar Records Shutout as P-Bruins Defeat Laval Rocket, 3-0
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2
- P-Bruins Earn One Point, Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers in Overtime, 2-1
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-2