Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned forward Alexander Volkov to the Syracuse Crunch, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Volkov, 22, has skated in a total of eight games with the Lightning this season, registering one assist and six shots on goal. The Moscow, Russia native was recalled from Syracuse on January 10 and played in four contests, recording his first NHL assist and point on January 14 against the Los Angeles Kings. Volkov made his NHL debut earlier this season on October 30 against the New Jersey Devils. Volkov has also appeared in 25 games with the Crunch in 2019-20, recording two goals and 15 points to go along with 14 penalty minutes. Over the past three seasons with Syracuse, Volkov has posted 48 goals and 108 points in 174 games.
The 6-foot-1, 191-pound forward was drafted by the Lightning in the second round, 48th overall, at the 2017 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the Upstate Medical University Arena at Onondaga County War Memorial at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Barracuda Tame Wild 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls to San Jose 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Stars Top Penguins 4-3 in Shootout Thriller - Texas Stars
- Penguins Fight Back, But Lose in Shootout to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Force Overtime, But Fall in Shootout to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Halt Streaking Devils in 4-1 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Coreau makes season-high 43 saves in tough win on the road - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monsters End Skid with Thrilling 4-3 Shootout Win over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Bailey Lifts Comets past Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bailey's Second Straight Hat Trick Powers Comets To Win - Utica Comets
- Crunch Downed by Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bednard Brilliant to Earn 4-1 T-Birds Win in AHL Debut - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Forward Mason Shaw Set to Make Season Debut - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Host "Hockey Without Barriers" Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mann Reflects on Season at Midway Point - Belleville Senators
- Moose to Skate with Minor Hockey Teams - Manitoba Moose
- Get a Free IceHogs Block Figurine at LEGO/Autism Awareness Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Loan Fitzgerald and Drake to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Springfield Thunderbirds Announce Hockey Fights Cancer Donations - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Dallas Stars Acquire Forward Oula Palve from Pittsburgh in Exchange for Defenseman John Nyberg - Texas Stars
- Reign Sign Griffen Molino to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Brayden Burke Selected to 2020 All-Star Classic - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Benson Named to the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield's Benson, Tucson's Burke Added to Roster for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Coyotes Recall Capobianco; Assign Prosvetov to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Look to Bounce Back Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 17, 2020 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- T-Birds Visit Crunch, Bruins this Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game 36 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Hungry for Points against Bruins - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Hold on for Win over Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Stanley Steemer Teddy and Toy Toss Drive-Thru December 5
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Devante Stephens to AHL Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson