Get a Free IceHogs Block Figurine at LEGO/Autism Awareness Night
ROCKFORD, Ill. - As a part of their 11th annual Autism Awareness Night taking place on Jan. 25 at 6 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center, the Rockford IceHogs will be giving away player block figurines as well as donning specialty jerseys that pay tribute to both Autism Awareness and LEGO. The evening is presented by LawnCare by Walter and will see the IceHogs take on divisional foe, the Milwaukee Admirals.
The first 1,500 fans in the building will receive an IceHogs block figurine of either Dennis Gilbert, Matthew Highmore or Tyler Sikura, courtesy of Hyundai on Perryville and Rockford Register Star. The figurines depict each player in their IceHogs uniform, including personalized expressions, facial hair and a stick that can be placed in either hand.
Continuing the LEGO theme, IceHogs netminder, Collin Delia, has built a nearly two-foot tall replica of the Empire State Building out of LEGOs that will be on display at the game. The completed set, including the box and a stick signed by Delia, will be available for auction on the concourse behind section 123. Additionally, there will be LEGO building stations set up in the concourse at Kids Zone behind section 101.
The 2019-20 LEGO/Autism Awareness Night jerseys feature a special block Hammy crest imprinted on the chest along with the autism puzzle-piece logo serving as arm bands on both sleeves. The jersey itself is black with a block pattern. The midriff is red and sees the words "ROCKFORD" on the front and "ICEHOGS" on the back built with block pieces.
Fans will have several different opportunities to bid on this year's Autism Awareness/LEGO Night jerseys, with proceeds benefitting the Autism Program of Easterseals:
Those in attendance on Jan. 25 can bid via blind-silent auction on the concourse in front of the jersey wall behind section 123.
A select number of jerseys will be raffled off during the contest on Jan. 25. Fans can purchase one raffle ticket for $5, or five tickets for $20.
Several jerseys will be made available on the IceHogs app through DASH, an online auction platform. Auctions will go live on Saturday, Jan. 25. The IceHogs will announce the available jerseys and exact timing of the auctions closer to the game date.
Three jerseys (including a customizable jersey) will be auctioned off on the IceHogs' eBay page beginning Tuesday, Jan. 28.
Autism Awareness/LEGO Night also features the return of "Mystery Pucks." Each puck is signed by either a member of the Rockford IceHogs or Chicago Blackhawks, including Corey Crawford, Alex DeBrincat, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith and Jonathan Toews. Fans can snag a surprise signature by purchasing one puck for $15, or two pucks for $25. Pucks will be located in the upper concourse by the Blue Flame Lounge.
As fans complete their trip around the BMO concourse during Saturday's game, they can also check out several information booths from the Autism Program of Easterseals as well as facts about Autism, which will be posted around the arena.
Last season, the IceHogs raised more than $28,000 for Autism Awareness Night.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Barracuda Tame Wild 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls to San Jose 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Stars Top Penguins 4-3 in Shootout Thriller - Texas Stars
- Penguins Fight Back, But Lose in Shootout to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Force Overtime, But Fall in Shootout to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Halt Streaking Devils in 4-1 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Coreau makes season-high 43 saves in tough win on the road - Bridgeport Islanders
- Monsters End Skid with Thrilling 4-3 Shootout Win over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Bailey Lifts Comets past Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bailey's Second Straight Hat Trick Powers Comets To Win - Utica Comets
- Crunch Downed by Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bednard Brilliant to Earn 4-1 T-Birds Win in AHL Debut - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Forward Mason Shaw Set to Make Season Debut - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Host "Hockey Without Barriers" Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mann Reflects on Season at Midway Point - Belleville Senators
- Moose to Skate with Minor Hockey Teams - Manitoba Moose
- Get a Free IceHogs Block Figurine at LEGO/Autism Awareness Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Loan Fitzgerald and Drake to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Springfield Thunderbirds Announce Hockey Fights Cancer Donations - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Dallas Stars Acquire Forward Oula Palve from Pittsburgh in Exchange for Defenseman John Nyberg - Texas Stars
- Reign Sign Griffen Molino to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Brayden Burke Selected to 2020 All-Star Classic - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Benson Named to the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield's Benson, Tucson's Burke Added to Roster for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Coyotes Recall Capobianco; Assign Prosvetov to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Look to Bounce Back Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 17, 2020 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- T-Birds Visit Crunch, Bruins this Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game 36 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Hungry for Points against Bruins - Bridgeport Islanders
- Rampage Hold on for Win over Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Impressive 30 IceHogs Alumni Begin NHL Training Camp with the Blackhawks
- IceHogs Add Physicality; Re-Sign Forward Riley McKay for 2021-22 Season
- Rockford IceHogs 2021 Player Tracker
- IceHogs Sign UConn Standout Kale Howarth for 2021-22 Season
- IceHogs Unveil 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule