Phantoms Loan Fitzgerald and Drake to Reading
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, have announced today that they have loaned forward Gerry Fitzgerald and defenseman David Drake to the Reading Royals of the ECHL.
Fitzgerald, 26, has played 32 games for the Phantoms this season after signing an AHL contract on July 1, 2019. He has tallied five goals and three assists for eight points, including his first goal as a Phantom with a game-winning goal with 2:40 left on November 20, 2019 against the Charlotte Checkers. He has played one game for the Reading Royals this season.
A native of Port Alberni, British Columbia, Fitzgerald spent the last season with the Iowa Wild, and posted 12 goals and seven assists for 19 points in 67 games during the 2018-19 season. He has played 115 total AHL games, 83 of them with the Iowa Wild, including 16 at the end of the 2017-18 season when he turned pro after finishing four seasons at Bemidji State University.
Drake, 25, was signed to an AHL deal by Lehigh Valley on September 18, 2019 and has appeared in 31 games for the Reading Royals this season, tallying a goal and three assists and 18 penalty minutes. He played 64 games last season for the Reading Royals in his first full professional season and registered one goal and seven assists to go along with 48 penalty minutes. He appeared in one game for Lehigh Valley in 2018-19, playing in the season opener on October 6.
A native of Naperville, Illinois, Drake played seven games for the Phantoms at the end of the 2017-18 season and tallied an assist in his professional debut on March 31, 2018 against Belleville. He turned pro after a successful four-year career playing college hockey at the University of Connecticut. Drake posted 25 points on 4 goals and 21 assists in 124 games and served as the Alternate Captain during his junior and senior year at UConn.
The 6-foot-6 defenseman was drafted in the seventh round (#192) of the 2013 NHL Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers.
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Gerry Fitzgerald
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Barracuda Tame Wild 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls to San Jose 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Stars Top Penguins 4-3 in Shootout Thriller - Texas Stars
- Penguins Fight Back, But Lose in Shootout to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Force Overtime, But Fall in Shootout to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Halt Streaking Devils in 4-1 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Coreau makes season-high 43 saves in tough win on the road - Bridgeport Islanders
- Monsters End Skid with Thrilling 4-3 Shootout Win over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Bailey Lifts Comets past Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bailey's Second Straight Hat Trick Powers Comets To Win - Utica Comets
- Crunch Downed by Thunderbirds, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bednard Brilliant to Earn 4-1 T-Birds Win in AHL Debut - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Forward Mason Shaw Set to Make Season Debut - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Host "Hockey Without Barriers" Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mann Reflects on Season at Midway Point - Belleville Senators
- Moose to Skate with Minor Hockey Teams - Manitoba Moose
- Get a Free IceHogs Block Figurine at LEGO/Autism Awareness Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Loan Fitzgerald and Drake to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Springfield Thunderbirds Announce Hockey Fights Cancer Donations - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Dallas Stars Acquire Forward Oula Palve from Pittsburgh in Exchange for Defenseman John Nyberg - Texas Stars
- Reign Sign Griffen Molino to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Brayden Burke Selected to 2020 All-Star Classic - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Benson Named to the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - Bakersfield Condors
- Bakersfield's Benson, Tucson's Burke Added to Roster for 2020 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Coyotes Recall Capobianco; Assign Prosvetov to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Look to Bounce Back Friday in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, January 17, 2020 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- T-Birds Visit Crunch, Bruins this Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game 36 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Hungry for Points against Bruins - Bridgeport Islanders
- Rampage Hold on for Win over Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.