Osborne Homers, LumberKings Snap Home Skid
CLINTON, IA - J.D. Osborne homered and the Clinton LumberKings registered their first win at home since July 15th with a 7-1 win over the Burlington Bees on Wednesday night at Nelsoncorp Field. The LumberKings (31-20, 64-56) ran their current winning streak to five games and pulled to within three games of first in the Western Division.
Clinton broke a scoreless tie in the bottom of the third a lead they would throughout the night. Clinton sent seven men to the plate for a four-run rally against Bees starter Hector Yan. J.D. Osborne capped the scoring with a three-run homer to left for his eighth of the year.
The runs were enough for Remey Reed to earn the win. He allowed just one run over five innings of work. Reed (3-1) allowed four hits while walking none and striking out four.
Yan (4-5) was hung with the loss for his time out. He allowed all four of his runs in the third and ended his night having surrendered four hits while walking two and striking out six.
Clinton put the game out of reach in the bottom of the sixth with their second rally of the game. The LumberKings sent nine men to the plate - scoring three runs with the biggest hit coming on a Bubba Hollins two-run double behind the bag at third base.
A combination of Manuel Rodriguez, Nathan Alexander, and Zach Wolf shutout the Bees over the final four innings to capture the LumberKings first home win since July 15th - ending a seen game home losing streak.
The LumberKings will meet the Burlington Bees for second game of their three-game series on Thursday night. Clinton will throw righty Jake Walters (4-3, 2.48) while Burlington will tap righty Robinson Pina (4-7, 4.25). First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. (CDT). Fans looking to listen to the game can hear Erik Oas with the pregame show on 6:15 p.m. with the pregame show on 100.3 FM WCCI and online at lumberkings.com via the tunein radio app.
College football season is fast approaching and the LumberKings are all in with Cy-Hawk Night! Enter our in-game raffle for a chance to win tickets to this rivalry match-up that will be played in Ames this season.
The college football atmosphere will be made only greater with "Thirsty Thursday." For fans 21 years and older, enjoy $2 select beers all game long sold throughout the ballpark.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Winning Streak Snapped with 4-1 Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Patience Pays off as Bandits Slip by Snappers 3-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wolf Wills Whitecaps Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Captains Walk-Off Cubs 2-1 in 10th Inning - South Bend Cubs
- Late Rally Can't Save Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Clinch Series Over Kane County - Peoria Chiefs
- Naylor Provides All the Offense, Including Walk-Off - Lake County Captains
- Lopez's Streak Continues, Lugnuts' Streak Ends in 12-4 Loss - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Trounce Lugnuts - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- 3-Run 7th Inning Too Much for Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- Rijo, Solo Shots Highlight 2-1 Victory - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Proctor Homers, Hogan Deals as Bootleggers Beat Dragons 5-1 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wilson's Homer Hands Cougars Series Loss - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Rods Even Series with 5-1 Win over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Keep Series Alive - Great Lakes Loons
- Espada Reinstated from IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 15 at Lansing (Game 120) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- INF AJ Lee transferred from Tri-City to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bootleggers Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Thursday, August 15 - Dayton Dragons
- Ballpark Preps for Latest Concert - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cedeno Bops Chiefs Past Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Osborne Homers, LumberKings Snap Home Skid - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Hold on to Win Four Hour Marathon, 4-1 in 12 Innings at Bowling Green - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Sneak Away with Extra-Inning Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Coca's RBI Single in Ninth Gets Wisconsin Past Cedar Rapids - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Drop Series Opener to Cubs - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Beat First Place Cougars Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Talley Triple Keys 5-3 Comeback Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Secure Season Split After Rocking River Bandits - Beloit Snappers
- Whitecaps Wither in Extras - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Hot Rods Fall 4-1 to Dragons in 12-Inning Duel - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wisconsin Wins Wednesday's Opener - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Beloit Takes First Game of Series 6-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Clinton LumberKings Stories
- LumberKings to Host Blood Drive at NelsonCorp Field
- Curbside Concessions Going into Extra Innings
- Last Call for Curbside Concessions at NelsonCorp Field
- Purina celebrates PetCare Pride Day by partnering with Clinton LumberKings and Clausen
- Stockwells to Perform on September 5th