Ondrej Vala Assigned to Steelheads Ahead of Home Stand
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads receive defenseman Ondrej Vala ahead of tonight's game on assignment by the Dallas Stars from the Texas Stars, Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Wednesday.
Vala, 21, returns from his second recall to AHL Texas after already tabbing one goal through 11 games with the Steelheads in the 2019-20 season with a plus-two rating. The Kolin, Czech Rep. product has played in 66 ECHL games with the Steelheads over the last two seasons, tallying four goals and 10 assists for 14 points with 54 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-4, 217-pound defenseman notched 74 points (21-53-74) in 191 WHL games with Kamloops and Everett while appearing for the Czech Republic at the 2017 & 2018 IIHF World Jr. Championship. He signed a NHL contract with the Dallas Stars on Sep. 29, 2016.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 7:10 p.m. against the Orlando Solar Bears. Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for this season, including single-game, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2019
- Cincinnati Comes Back From Two Down to Beat Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- IceMen Beat out Fuel in 2-1 Loss in Jacksonville - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Caught by Cyclones After Fast Start - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Drop Close Game to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Ted Hart Scores First ECHL Goal in Mariners Loss to Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Silence Thunder 3-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Brings Back Forward Bauer - Wichita Thunder
- Ondrej Vala Assigned to Steelheads Ahead of Home Stand - Idaho Steelheads
- Goalie Mason McDonald Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - November 20 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kirk MacDonald to Appear on NHL Network Wednesday - Reading Royals
- Matthew Weis Earns AHL Call-Up from Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Petruzzelli Returns to Komet Lineup - Fort Wayne Komets
- Oilers Sign Defenseman Theo Calvas - Tulsa Oilers
- Atlanta Adds Randolph - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Notes: vs Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Sign Goaltender Chris Nell - Adirondack Thunder
- Police vs. Fire Game Highlights Busy Week for Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Milner Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Celebrity Bartending Thursday with Kirk MacDonald and Nick Luukko - Reading Royals
- Growlers Sign Dylan Vander Esch to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Brampton's Leavens Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Weekly - January 21, 2020
- Steelheads Pick up Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Grizzlies
- Brady Norrish Added to ECHL All-Star Classic Hardest Shot Competition
- Steelheads Fall 3-1 in Home Weekend Finale Sellout to Oilers
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Returns from Recall to Texas Stars