Oilers Fall by One at Kansas City
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Oilers fell 4-3 to the Kansas City Mavericks at Cable Dahmer Arena in Independence, MO on Friday night.
Neither team found the back of the net in a first period that saw the Oilers outshoot Kansas City 17-3.
All seven goals came in the second frame. Alex Brooks opened the scoring 3:43 into the second period, clapping a power-play goal past his former team, setting the score at 1-0. Tulsa doubled their lead to 2-0 1:56 later when Vincent Marleau lifted the puck in close, beating Matt Ginn on the short side. Adam Pleskach netted his second power-play goal in as many games, collecting a pass from Brent Gates before roofing the in-tight chance over Ginn at the 8:55 mark. Lane Scheidl scored 12:09 into the period, bringing the score 4-1. Jared Vanwormer followed up 3:37 later, driving hard to the net and depositing a rebound, pulling Kansas City within two. Nick Pastujov scored Kansas City's third of the period just a minute later, tapping in a chance off the draw, leveling the game 3-3. Scheidl closed out a four-goal period for the Mavericks with 15 seconds left, shoveling a loose puck from between the circles into the back of the net.
Both teams left the third period without more scoring, cementing the scoreline at 4-3 in favor of the Mavericks.
The Oilers return home on Saturday for Ducks Affiliation night at the BOK Center, starting at 7:05 p.m. The Oilers will wear Ducks-inspired sweaters during the game, and the jerseys will be auctioned off in the River Spirit Lounge after the game. The Oilers close the four-game week with a Sunday matinee game, starting at 4:05 p.m. at the BOK Center.
ECHL TV has a new provider for the 2020-21 season. We are proud to partner with FloHockey, which provides subscribers with plenty of content. Watch live events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast. To become a subscriber, click here.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 2, 2021
- Rabbits Win Fourth Straight Game, Top Rays in Shootout 3-2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Fall by One at Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Ully's Late Tally Forces Extra Session for SC - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hawkey, Allen Blanks Utah 3-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears fall to Everblades in 3-2 loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kozun Closes Door on Indy - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Unable to Sneak Past Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Outlast Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Mavs Weekend Preview vs. Tulsa Oilers - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 2 - ECHL
- Fort Wayne's Hawkins Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Hawkins Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Allen, 6:05 PM - Utah Grizzlies
- Adam Carlson Earns Warrior Goaltender of the Month - Rapid City Rush
- Rapid City's Carlson Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Game Day Preview: Utah at Allen, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- 20th Meeting of the Season Between Blades and Bears - Florida Everblades
- Blackhawk Legend Eddie Olczyk to Join Fuel Broadcast - Indy Fuel
- Utah's Boucher Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Boucher Named ECHL Rookie of the Month for March 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Stingrays, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Swamp Rabbits, April 2 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bobby Dorr Wins 2021 Captain Joel Barnes Community Service Award - Maine Mariners
- Pare, Boucher Score for Utah in Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Open Three-Game Series with Utah with a 3-2 Shootout Win - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.