Norris Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for February
Belleville Senators rookie forward Josh Norris has been named the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for February after collecting 16 points in nine games.
Norris began February by tallying a goal and two assists in the Senators' 5-4 overtime win at Laval on Feb. 1. He notched a goal and an assist in a 7-4 win over Toronto on Feb. 7, and recorded two more assists in a 3-2 OT victory over Laval on Feb. 8. Following a two-point effort against Toronto on Feb. 15, Norris posted two goals and an assist each in a 5-2 win over Syracuse on Feb. 17 and a 3-2 overtime victory at Rochester on Feb. 19. Norris was recalled by Ottawa and made his debut with the parent Senators on Feb. 22, appearing in the first three NHL contests of his career before the end of the month.
A first-round pick (19th overall) by San Jose in the 2017 NHL Draft, Norris leads all AHL rookies with 30 goals and 58 points in 52 games for Belleville this season. The 20-year-old native of Oxford, Mich., turned pro this year after two seasons at the University of Michigan and represented the United States at the IIHF World Junior Championships in 2018 (bronze) and 2019 (silver).
Norris is the third Senator to win a league award this season after Vitaly Abramov and Filip Gustavsson.
San Diego's Max Comtois was named the CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month while Iowa's Kaapo Kahkonen was selected as the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2020
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brodzinski Scores Twice in Barracuda OT Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls 2-1 in Overtime to San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Los Angeles Kings Reassign Daniel Brickley to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Six-Game Homestand - Chicago Wolves
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Marlies Visit the Lone Star State for Monday Meeting with Stars - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 2, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Acquire Broadhurst, Lacroix from Charlotte - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Springfield Thunderbirds to Host Sensory-Friendly Game on Sunday, March 8 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bears Recall Whitney from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Kaapo Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for February - Iowa Wild
- Norris Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for February - Belleville Senators
- Norris, Comtois, Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Jesse Yloen to Join Laval Rocket for the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season - Laval Rocket
- Gustavsson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Tucson Wraps Up California Weekend With Win In Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Rally Thwarted by Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Ottawa's 2021 23-Man Roster Includes Seven Belleville Graduates Plus Three More on Taxi Squad
- Colby Williams Signs One Year AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
- Cole Reinhardt Earns Amateur Tryout with Belleville Senators
- LaBate Inks a New AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
- Cole Cassels Rejoins Belleville Senators on One Year AHL Deal