Sound Tigers Acquire Broadhurst, Lacroix from Charlotte
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, American Hockey League affiliate of the New York Islanders, have acquired forwards Terry Broadhurst and Cedric Lacroix from the Charlotte Checkers in exchange for Ryan Bourque.
Broadhurst, 31, is in his eighth professional season, recording seven assists in 29 games with the Charlotte Checkers. He has 136 points (46 goals, 90 assists) in 288 career AHL games with the Checkers, Rockford IceHogs, Cleveland Monsters and Chicago Wolves. In addition, he collected 31 points (12 goals, 19 assists) in 36 games with the Toledo Walleye (ECHL).
A native of Orland Park, Ill., Broadhurst played three seasons at the University of Nebraska-Omaha prior to turning pro and served as team captain in 2011-12. He was named to the CCHA All-Rookie Team as a freshman in 2009-10.
Lacroix, 25, played 11 games with the Checkers this season and also recorded 26 points (12 goals, 14 assists) in 34 games with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL). Last season, the Shefford, Quebec native scored twice in his only game with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and added 42 points (22 goals, 20 assists) in 71 games with the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL).
Prior to turning pro, Lacroix played four seasons at the University of Maine and collected 40 points (21 goals, 19 assists) in 145 career games.
Next Time Out: The Sound Tigers open their second straight three-in-three on Friday with a 7:05 p.m. matchup against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at PPL Center in Allentown, Penn. Fans can follow all of the live action via the Sound Tigers Radio Network and AHLTV, beginning with the pre-game show at 6:45 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2020
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brodzinski Scores Twice in Barracuda OT Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls 2-1 in Overtime to San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Los Angeles Kings Reassign Daniel Brickley to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Six-Game Homestand - Chicago Wolves
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Marlies Visit the Lone Star State for Monday Meeting with Stars - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 2, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Acquire Broadhurst, Lacroix from Charlotte - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Springfield Thunderbirds to Host Sensory-Friendly Game on Sunday, March 8 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bears Recall Whitney from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Kaapo Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for February - Iowa Wild
- Norris Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for February - Belleville Senators
- Norris, Comtois, Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Jesse Yloen to Join Laval Rocket for the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season - Laval Rocket
- Gustavsson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Tucson Wraps Up California Weekend With Win In Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Rally Thwarted by Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Helgeson, Kubiak, Brown, Pastujov Agree to Terms
- Islanders Sign Greer, Ho-Sang, Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon
- NCAA 2023 Division I Men's Hockey Regionals Coming to City of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena
- Czarnik and Hutton Agree to Two-Year Deals
- Former Sound Tigers Pushed New York Islanders to Deep Playoff Run