The Cleveland Monsters closed out February with a 4-7-2-0 record after an overtime loss to the Toronto Marlies on Wednesday and regulation losses to the Belleville Senators on Friday and Saturday. The Monsters mounted a comeback to force overtime in their 4-3 loss to the Marlies with multi-point performances from defenseman Adam Clendening (1G, 1A), as well as forwards Trey Fix-Wolansky (1G, 1A) and Ryan MacInnis (1G, 2A). Forward Kole Sherwood notched a tally both nights of the Monsters homestand against the Senators and began his first goal streak of the season during Cleveland's 5-1 loss Friday and 4-1 loss Saturday.
The Cleveland Monsters host the Laval Rocket for the final time in the 2019-20 season starting on Thursday, March 5, before concluding Friday, March 6, on Blue Jackets Night with a special Oliver Bjorkstrand Championship Bobblehead presented by Dominion Energy. The first 10,000 fans on Friday will receive the specialty bobblehead that depicts Bjorkstrand's memorable celebration after scoring the goal that secured the Calder Cup for the 2015-16 Lake Erie Monsters.
Be at the FieldHouse as the Monsters head into the final two months of the regular season with single game tickets starting at only $10! Monsters Family Value Packs are another great way to check out all of the action! Starting under $20 per person, Family Packs provide the best value and flexibility for attending a Monsters game! Family Packs include four (4) discounted, lower bowl tickets to the game of your choice (as close as 4 rows from the glass!), $5 in food and beverage credit on each ticket and a FREE kid's ticket to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium when you purchase an adult aquarium ticket all for ONLY $79 (a $156 package value)! Visit www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/familyvalue to get yours TODAY! All Monsters tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2020
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brodzinski Scores Twice in Barracuda OT Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls 2-1 in Overtime to San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Los Angeles Kings Reassign Daniel Brickley to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Six-Game Homestand - Chicago Wolves
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Marlies Visit the Lone Star State for Monday Meeting with Stars - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 2, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Acquire Broadhurst, Lacroix from Charlotte - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Springfield Thunderbirds to Host Sensory-Friendly Game on Sunday, March 8 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bears Recall Whitney from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Kaapo Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for February - Iowa Wild
- Norris Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for February - Belleville Senators
- Norris, Comtois, Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Jesse Yloen to Join Laval Rocket for the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season - Laval Rocket
- Gustavsson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Tucson Wraps Up California Weekend With Win In Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Rally Thwarted by Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2020-21 Regular-Season Schedule Presented by SeatGeek
- Monsters Announce Five Roster Additions
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Roster Moves Prior to Start of 2020-21 Season
- Monsters and Physicians Ambulance Join Together for Season of Giving
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine