Forward Jesse Yloen to Join Laval Rocket for the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
LAVAL - The Laval Rocket announced today that the team has agreed to terms on a one-year, one-way AHL contract (2019-20) with forward Jesse YlÃ¶nen.
YlÃ¶nen, 20, will make his North American debut with the Rocket after shining in the Finnish Elite League and on the international stage. This season with the Lahti Pelicans, the 6-foot-1, 172 lbs right-winger registered 12 goals and 10 assists while serving 14 penalty minutes in 53 games. Since joining the Pelicans in 2018, the Finn has tallied 49 points (25 G, 24 A) in 106 regular season games while posting one helper in three playoff games.
YlÃ¶nen has been a member of the Finnish national junior program since 2014. He played an important role in helping Finland capture the gold medal at the 2019 IIHF U-20 World Championship and registered six points (3 G, 3 A) in seven games while maintaining a differential of +5. He also earned a silver medal at the 2017 IIHF U-18 World Junior Championship and amassed four goals and five assists for nine points in seven games.
A native of Scottsdale, AZ, YlÃ¶nen was drafted in the second round, 35th overall, by the Montreal Canadiens at the 2018 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2020
- Roadrunners Weekly: March 2 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Brodzinski Scores Twice in Barracuda OT Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Falls 2-1 in Overtime to San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Los Angeles Kings Reassign Daniel Brickley to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Six-Game Homestand - Chicago Wolves
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Marlies Visit the Lone Star State for Monday Meeting with Stars - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 2, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 2-8 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Acquire Broadhurst, Lacroix from Charlotte - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Springfield Thunderbirds to Host Sensory-Friendly Game on Sunday, March 8 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Bears Recall Whitney from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Max Comtois Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - San Diego Gulls
- Kaapo Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for February - Iowa Wild
- Norris Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month for February - Belleville Senators
- Norris, Comtois, Kahkonen Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for February - AHL
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Charlotte Checkers
- Charlotte's Morgan Geekie Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Forward Jesse Yloen to Join Laval Rocket for the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season - Laval Rocket
- Gustavsson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- Tucson Wraps Up California Weekend With Win In Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Rally Thwarted by Tucson, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Canadiens Announce Affiliation with the New ECHL Trois-Rivieres Club
- Laval Rocket to Play Home Games at the Bell Centre for the 2020-21 Season
- Laval Rocket Organization Announces the Team Will Take Part in the 2020-21 AHL Season
- Canadiens and Alexandre Alain Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract
- Blandisi: in Grieving, Giving Back