Moose Sign Matt Alfaro, Chris Martenet and Keoni Texeira
WINNIPEG - The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the team signed forward Matt Alfaro along with defencemen Chris Martenet and Keoni Texeira to professional tryouts.
Matt Alfaro (al-FAIR-oh)
Born Aug. 6, 1996 -- Calgary, Alta.
Height 6.02 -- Weight 194 -- Shoots L
Alfaro, 25, has recorded 18 points (5G, 13A) in 17 games with the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers this season. The forward also appeared in three AHL games with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins where he registered one assist. Prior to making his professional debut, Alfaro played for the University of Calgary where he recorded 68 points (24G, 44A) in 78 games over the course of three seasons.
Chris Martenet (MAR-tin-ett)
Born Sept. 25, 1996 -- Indianapolis, Ind.
Height 6.07 -- Weight 216 -- Shoots L
Martenet, 25, has tallied seven assists in 25 games on the campaign with the ECHL's Toledo Walleye. The defenceman also suited up in one game for the AHL's Belleville Senators. Martenet has played in six AHL games split between Belleville and Texas, while also recording 47 points (9G, 38A) in 198 ECHL contests during his professional career. The Indianapolis, Ind. product was a fourth round pick, 103rd overall, of the Dallas Stars in the 2015 NHL Draft.
Keoni Texeira (kee-OH-nee tek-SHAIR-ah)
Born March. 24, 1997 -- Fontana, Calif.
Height 6.00 -- Weight 209 -- Shoots L
Texeira, 24, has posted 15 points (3G, 12A) in 30 games with the ECHL's Indy Fuel this season. The defenceman has registered 112 points (20G, 92A) in 210 ECHL outings during his professional career. Before turning pro, Texeira played for the WHL's Portland Winterhawks and produced 143 points (39G, 104A) in 344 games over the course of five seasons.
The Moose face off against the Milwaukee Admirals tonight in a 7 p.m. CT matchup. Coverage begins at 6:45 p.m. CT on CJOB.com/sports, the Manitoba Moose App and AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2022
- Wolves Seize Best Record in the AHL - Chicago Wolves
- Islanders Overcome Bears in a Shootout - Bridgeport Islanders
- Crunch Edged by Rocket, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Islanders Edge Bears in Shootout, 4-3 - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Drop Overtime Heartbreaker against Checkers at XL Center - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Denisenko Drives Checkers Past Hartford in OT - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Comeback Falls Short against Americans, Lose 7-6 - Utica Comets
- 5 THINGS: HEAT at HSK, 1.12.22 - Stockton Heat
- Game Preview vs. Stockton: January 12 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Condors Home this Weekend with $2 Beers and Gamer Night - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Return Home for Date with Checkers - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Heat Head to Henderson for Wednesday Bout - Stockton Heat
- Reichel Joins the Blackhawks; IceHogs Receive Five from Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Recall Anton Khudobin and Rhett Gardner from Texas - Texas Stars
- Moose Sign Matt Alfaro, Chris Martenet and Keoni Texeira - Manitoba Moose
- Hodgson Signs Two-Year Extension - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Jacob Hayhurst to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- IceHogs Unveil Premium Raffle for Autism Awareness Night Supporting the Autism Program of Easterseals - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Defenseman Jakub Galvas Becomes 104th Alum to Skate with Blackhawks; Fourth Alum to Make NHL Debut this Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Preview: Islanders at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Monday Matinee January 17 - Syracuse Crunch
- Patrick Watling Signs PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Host Sens in Mid-Week Battle of Ontario - Toronto Marlies
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Kevin Czuczman from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Blues Recall Rosen, Walker to Taxi Squad - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game #26: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Islanders Head to Hershey for Wednesday Night Hockey - Bridgeport Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.