Montreal Impact Clinch Playoff Berth
WASHINGTON - The Montreal Impact won 3-2 against D.C. United on Sunday afternoon, at Audi Field, in Washington, on MLS Decision Day. Bojan (13') put Montreal on the board in the first half, then Victor Wanyama (74') and Romell Quioto (88') each scored a goal in the second half.
With the win, the Impact qualified for the MLS playoffs and will face the New England Revolution on Friday, November 20, at 6:30pm ET (TVA Sports, TSN, 98,5fm, TSN 690).
DCU - Donovan Pines (Julian Gressel) 9'
MTL - Bojan 13'
DCU - Ola Kamara (Edison Flores) 33'
MTL - Victor Wanyama (Romell Quioto) 74'
MTL - Romell Quioto (Mason Toye, Mustafa Kizza) 88'
MTL - Romell Quioto 35'
MTL - Amar Sejdic 41'
MTL - Samuel Piette 90'+1'
MTL - Gk-Clément Diop; D-Jorge Corrales (Luis Binks 82'), Rod Fanni, Rudy Camacho, Zachary Brault-Guillard; M-Amar Sejdic (Mustafa Kizza 71'), Samuel Piette, Victor Wanyama, Bojan (Shamit Shome 90'+3'); F-Anthony Jackson-Hamel (Mason Toye 71'), Romell Quioto (Emanuel Maciel 90'+3')
Subs not used: James Pantemis, Clément Bayiha, Joel Waterman, Steven Saba
DCU - Gk-Bill Hamid ; D-Donovan Pines, Frédéric Brillant, Russell Canouse; M-Edison Flores, Julian Gressel, Junior Moreno, Moses Nyeman (Paul Arriola 69'); F-Erik Sorga (Yordy Reyna 77'), Gelmin Rivas (Ola Kamara 5'), Yamil Asad
Subs not used: Chris Seitz, Earl Edwards Jr., Axel SjÃ¶berg, Joseph Mora, Oniel Fisher, Griffin Yow
"At halftime, I told the players that we produced good soccer. I told them we needed to keep shooting and creating chances. We were rewarded with a goal from Victor Wanyama. I would also like to congratulate this D.C. United team that comes back from far. It was the last game to reach the playoffs. So, both teams wanted to go with a knock-out. We were able to come back in the second half and we fought. Could we have qualified before tonight? Yes. But we did it against a team that plays well and fought well. I'm happy with the group."
"We knew we needed a goal. We believed in it. We have a good team with good players and good staff. It's been difficult and I don't know if people realize what this team has gone through in the last two months. This team deserves a spot in the playoffs. I'm feeling great and I'm enjoying playing. And now I'm enjoying being in the MLS playoffs. The coach believes in his players and we believe in the players that we have. I'm happy for Mason today with the assist he did. It's not easy when you go to a new team. Today he came on and did a good job."
"I'm happy with the playoff qualification. I'm proud of the group and the club. As a team we fought to reach the objective we had until the beginning. I'm obviously sad for what is happening in my country and I pray God for everyone there. I want to thank my teammates and the staff who have been really supportive to me with what has been happening in my country and since I joined the club. It means a lot to represent my country, especially in a moment like now. I believed I would get that goal for my team and for my country."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 8, 2020
- Late Goal Lifts Colorado Past the Dynamo 2-1 - Houston Dynamo
- Notes & Quotes: Chicago Fire FC 3 - 4 New York City FC - New York City FC
- MNUFC Dominates Dallas, Earns Home Playoff Game - Minnesota United FC
- Earthquakes Close Season with a Loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Secure No. 3 Seed in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 1-1 Draw on the Road against Los Angeles FC - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Ends 2020 with 2-0 Defeat to Sporting Kansas City - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Falls on the Road against Minnesota United FC on Decision Day - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2020 Club Award Winners - Real Salt Lake
- 'Caps finish season with dominant all-around performance - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Draws Portland Timbers 1-1 on Decision Day Presented by AT&T - Los Angeles FC
- Sporting Wins West with 2-0 Win over RSL - Sporting Kansas City
- Diego Rossi Wins MLS Golden Boot Presented by Audi - Los Angeles FC
- Diego Rossi Becomes Youngest Player in History to Win MLS Golden Boot Presented by Audi - MLS
- Rubio's Stoppage Time Winner Lifts Rapids to Third Straight Win - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Stuns Orlando City SC 3-2 in Stoppage Time - Nashville SC
- New York Red Bulls (2) - Toronto FC (1) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Montreal Impact Clinch Playoff Berth - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF Clinches MLS Playoffs in Inaugural Season - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 4-3 to New York City FC - Chicago Fire
- Lions Fall to Nashville SC on Decision Day - Orlando City SC
- D.C. United Lose 3-2 to the Montreal Impact in the Final Game of 2020 - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Defeat Toronto, 2-1; Clinch 6th Seed in East - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United Drops Regular Season Finale to Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- Revolution Conclude Regular Season with 2-0 Loss to Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Gyau scores first FCC goal as Orange and Blue conclude 2020 MLS season - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Win 2020 Supporters' Shield - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Travel to Face Los Angeles FC at Banc of California Stadium on Decision Day - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Face Seattle Sounders FC Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- Storylines: City vs. Nashville SC - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Atlanta United Today - Columbus Crew SC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Concludes Inaugural MLS Regular Season at Orlando City SC - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montreal Selects Giuseppe Barone at the MLS SuperDraft
- 91.9 Sports Becomes the New French Radio Broadcaster for CF Montreal
- CF Montreal Acquires Defender Aljaz "Kiki" Struna
- Montreal Impact Becomes Club de Foot Montreal
- Impact Acquires Forward Sunusi Ibrahim