Mavs Monday - February 18
Last Week's Action
2/13: vs. Tulsa, L 2-1
2/15: at Utah, L 4-3 (OT)
2/16: at Utah, W 3-0
This Week's Schedule
2/18: at Utah
2/20: vs. Toledo
2/22: vs. Toledo
2/23: vs. Kalamazoo
Mountain Division Standings:
1. Utah 31-14-4-1, 67 pts
2. Tulsa 30-18-4-2, 66 pts
3. Idaho 31-17-2-2, 66 pts
4. Kansas City 25-19-3-1, 54 pts
5. Rapid City 21-25-5-3, 50 pts
6. Wichita 19-25-6-3, 47 pts
7. Allen 17-32-4-2, 40 pts
Notes & Quotes
Month of Mason
Mason McDonald registered his third shutout in the month of February on Saturday night against the Utah Grizzlies, stopping 18 of 18 shots. His first two shutouts came against South Carolina on February 1 and the second came against the Allen Americans on February 8.
If the ECHL season ended today, the Mavericks would face the Utah Grizzlies in the opening round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs. Prior to Monday's game, the Mavericks held a 3-1-1-0 record against Utah.
The Long Way Home
The Mavericks wrapped up their season-long nine-game home stand last Wednesday against the Tulsa Oilers with a 2-1 loss. The Mavericks went 5-3-1 on the home stand, collecting 11 of a possible 18 points on the lengthy home stretch of schedule.
The Dog Days
After this weekend, the Mavericks will play 25 games in 47 days to finish the 2018-19 ECHL regular season, 15 of them coming against Mountain Division opponents.
The Mavericks return home for a six game home stand against the Toledo Walleye, Kalamazoo Wings and Idaho Steelheads starting this Wednesday. Then, 13 of their final 17 games are played on the road.
The First To 20
Darian Dziurzynski became the first Mav this season to score 20 goals with his second period goal against Tulsa last Wednesday.
The Mavericks posted two shutouts within seven days of each other. First shutting out the South Carolina Stingrays on Friday, February 1 and then the Allen Americans on Friday, February 8. The Mavericks had not shutout an opponent all season until the game against South Carolina.
The Mavericks now return home for a six-game home stand, kicking things off against the Toledo Walleye on Wednesday night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Faceoff against Toledo is 7:05 p.m. at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. For more information, please visit kcmavericks.com.
Groups 15+ Call or Text (816) 252-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 18, 2019
- Thunder Weekly, February 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Makowski's OT Winner Sends Reading Packing - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-2 Loss to KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Fall 5-2 to Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Sides Hat Trick Leads Mavs to 5-2 Win against Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 18 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - February 18 - ECHL
- Vallorani Ties the Game with 4.6 Seconds Left, But Beast Fall in OT - Brampton Beast
- Adam Pleskach Named ECHL Player of the Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa's Pleskach Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Thomas Sends K-Wings Past Beast 5-4 in OT - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Travel to KC for Two - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Mavs Monday - February 18 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 18 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Weekly: Suddenly Hot Mariners Approach Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Solar Bears Sign Liam Bilton - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Weekly - February 18, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 11-19, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Rally for Pair of Points for Week 19; Thunder Roll in for Back-To-Back Games, Cincinnati Visits Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Conclude Homestand Today vs Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- D'Agostini Dominates Allen in Season Series - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Final Matchup with Brampton Brings Monday Matinee - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 18 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.