Steelheads Weekly - February 18, 2019
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads (31-17-4) finish the back end of a six-game homestand, reaching 30 wins and hosting Marvel Super Hero Night this Saturday.
Wednesday, February 13 vs. Rapid City Rush: 3-2 W (OT)
Shots: Rush 27, Steelheads 32
PP: Rush 1-for-2, Steelheads 0-for-2
The Steelheads opened their homestand with a 3-2 overtime win over the Rush from CenturyLink Arena. Forward Henrik Samuelsson (4:17 1st) notched the opening goal in his first game back, and forward Kyle Schempp (5:54 1st) followed up less than two minutes later to take a 2-0 lead. With the netminder pulled, scored twice late in the game to force overtime, 2-2. Defenseman Charlie Dodero (1:58 OT) was the last player to touch the puck before being batted into the Rush net and helped claim the 3-2 overtime win. Tomas Sholl (16-9-0) halted 25 of 27 shots in the win.
Friday, February 15 vs. Rapid City Rush: 2-1 W
Shots: Rush 23, Steelheads 32
PP: Rush 0-for-2, Steelheads 0-for-2
The Steelheads held off the Rush in a 2-1 win from CenturyLink Arena. For the second-straight game, forward Henrik Samuelsson (0:36 2nd) opened the scoring in the contest to take a 1-0 lead after a scoreless first period. Forward Elgin Pearce (8:14 3rd) added a tally that would prove to be the game-winner and double the lead to 2-0. The Rush earned one goal back, but despite their continued push back the Steelheads earned the 2-1 victory. Tomas Sholl (17-9-0) saved 22 of 23 shots in the win.
Saturday, February 16 vs. Rapid City Rush: 3-2 L (OT)
Shots: Rush 41, Steelheads 36
PP: Rush 1-for-3, Steelheads 0-for-1
The Steelheads earned one point in a 3-2 overtime loss to the Rush from CenturyLink Arena. After the Rush scored twice in the first period, forward Alex Dahl (9:20 2nd) began the push back to cut the lead in half before forward Eglin Pearce (12:59 2nd) tied the game, 2-2, and eventually forced overtime. In the extra period, the Rush scored just before midway through to take the 3-2 overtime result. Ryan Faragher (7-4-2) halted 38 of 41 turned away 38 of 41 shots in the overtime loss.
Wednesday, February 20 vs. Tulsa Oilers - 7:10 p.m. MT
Friday, February 22 vs. Tulsa Oilers - 7:10 p.m. MT
Saturday, February 23 vs. Tulsa Oilers - 7:10 p.m. MT
The Steelheads meet the Tulsa Oilers to close out the six-game homestand but also the 10-game season series. The Steelheads last met the Oilers at CenturyLink Arena in early November with the Oilers taking two of three games with the final game finishing in overtime. This season, the Oilers and Steelheads have split their road portion, but the Steelheads own a 3-3-1 record with three games remaining. Overall, the Steelheads boast a 13-6-1 record against the Oilers in their ECHL franchise series.
Marvel Super Hero Night: The Steelheads host their second annual Marvel Super Hero Night on Saturday inside CenturyLink Arena. The Steelheads will wear special "Thor" themed jerseys on Saturday that will be auctioned online during the game. Special merch is also available in the Steelheads Team Store and online.
$2 Beer Wednesday: Finish "Hump Day" and rally for the rest of the work week with $2 Beer Wednesday, presented by Bud Light. For just $2, enjoy Bud Light beer throughout the evening to continue Happy Hour. Call the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for tickets and information.
Four For $48 Friday: Bring the family to enjoy a Steelheads home game every Friday night this season. For just $48, you'll receive four tickets, four fountain drinks, and four Double R Ranch hot dogs. Call the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information.
- Elgin Pearce scored goals in back-to-back games for the first time this season with both a game-tying and game-winning goal. He is now one of seven Steelheads with at least 10 goals and 20 points.
- With a pair of wins this week, Tomas Sholl officially sits in the top-10 in Steelheads career goaltender wins (26). He sits eighth all-time, surpassing Olivier Roy (25). This week, he posted two wins with 47 saves on 50 shots (.940).
- The Steelheads have earned points in five-straight games at home since January 18, going 4-0-1 with four of five games going to overtime.
- The Steelheads have played in one-goal games in three-straight contests and four of their last five games overall. Since January 16, the Steelheads and their opponents have had 10 of their 14 games finish with one goal as well as six-straight home games. The Steelheads are 16-8-2-2 in that situation.
GOALS: 20 - Steve McParland
ASSISTS: 28 - A.J. White
POINTS: 44 -Steve McParland
PP GOALS: 9 - Reid Petryk
SH GOALS: 2 - Steve McParland
GW GOALS: 5 - Brad McClure/Reid Petryk
PIMS: 279 - Kale Kessy
PLUS/MINUS: +27 - Keegan Kanzig
SHOTS: 171 - Steve McParland
WINS: 17 - Tomas Sholl
GAA: 2.22 - Tomas Sholl
SAVE %: .926 - Tomas Sholl
Mountain Division Standings:
1. Utah 31-14-4-1, 67 pts
2. Tulsa 30-18-4-2, 66 pts
2. Steelheads 31-17-2-2, 66 pts
4. Kansas City 25-19-3-1, 54 pts
5. Rapid City 21-25-5-3, 50 pts
6. Wichita 19-25-6-3, 47 pts
7. Allen 17-32-4-2, 40 pts
All home games during the 2018-19 regular season are broadcast on 1350AM KTIK "The Ticket" as well as Cable One and online on ECHL.TV. Pre-game coverage begins at 6:50 p.m. on 1350AM KTIK "The Ticket" then at 7:00 p.m. on CableOne Ch. 72 and ECHL TV.
Tune in every Tuesday-Thursday from 6:00-7:00 p.m. to the Bud Light Idaho Steelheads Hockey Show, featuring Steelheads news, analysis and insight from around the ECHL.
The Steelheads open a three-game weekend against the Tulsa Oilers on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena. Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 18, 2019
- Thunder Weekly, February 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Makowski's OT Winner Sends Reading Packing - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-2 Loss to KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Fall 5-2 to Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Sides Hat Trick Leads Mavs to 5-2 Win against Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 18 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - February 18 - ECHL
- Vallorani Ties the Game with 4.6 Seconds Left, But Beast Fall in OT - Brampton Beast
- Adam Pleskach Named ECHL Player of the Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa's Pleskach Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Thomas Sends K-Wings Past Beast 5-4 in OT - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Travel to KC for Two - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Mavs Monday - February 18 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 18 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Weekly: Suddenly Hot Mariners Approach Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Solar Bears Sign Liam Bilton - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Weekly - February 18, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 11-19, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Rally for Pair of Points for Week 19; Thunder Roll in for Back-To-Back Games, Cincinnati Visits Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Conclude Homestand Today vs Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- D'Agostini Dominates Allen in Season Series - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Final Matchup with Brampton Brings Monday Matinee - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 18 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.