Allen Americans Weekly Update
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, will host the Utah Grizzlies for three games this weekend starting on Friday night at 7:05 pm. Last week, the Americans went 1-2-0 against teams for the Eastern Conference. The Americans are last in the Mountain Division. Allen is 14 points behind fourth place Kansas City.
Last Week's Record: 1-2-0
Overall record: 17-32-4-2 40 points -
-- Last Week's Games --
Friday, February 15th vs. Worcester - 6-2 Loss
Allen, Texas - The Worcester Railers scored five times in the third period to break open a close game in the first-ever meeting between the two teams. Worcester scored three goals in a six minute span, and five overall in the third period while cruising to a 6-2 win.
Saturday, February 16th vs. Reading - 5-3 Loss
Allen, Texas - The Royals outscored the Americans 3-1 in the third period, handing Allen their third straight loss in 5-3 decision on Saturday night at Allen Event Center. Josh Atkinson scored shorthanded in the third period for his first goal of the season
Sunday, February 17th vs. Reading- 5-4 OT Win
Allen, Texas -David Makowski ended the Americans three-game losing streak, scoring his 10th goal of the season in overtime in a 5-4 Americans victory. The lead changed hands five times in a tight affair on Sunday afternoon. The Americans finished the year 1-7-0 against the Eastern Conference.
- Rookie Alex Breton had his first career hat trick on Sunday.
- Alex Breton is second in the league in Defenseman Points with 35.
- Allen leads the league averaging 20.84 penalty minutes per game.
- Zach Pochiro is tied for second in the league with 11 power play goals.
- Allen has the fewest home points this season with 15 (7-14-1-0).
- Allen is 10-5-4-1 when scoring the first goal.
- Allen is 15-22-4-2 against their own division this season.
About the Americans
The Allen Americans play in the ECHL, the premiere AA hockey league in North America. The Americans were established in 2009 and have won four Double A Championships in nine full seasons of minor pro hockey. In those nine seasons, Allen has qualified for the playoffs every year with five trips to the league finals. Allen is in its fifth season in the ECHL, after playing five years in the now defunct Central Hockey League.
Americans Next Home Game:
Friday, February 22nd vs. Utah Grizzlies
Time: 7:05 pm CST
Venue: Allen Event Center
Images from this story
Allen Americans right wing Dante Salituro reacts after a goal against the Reading Royals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 18, 2019
- Thunder Weekly, February 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Makowski's OT Winner Sends Reading Packing - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 5-2 Loss to KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Fall 5-2 to Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- Sides Hat Trick Leads Mavs to 5-2 Win against Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 18 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - February 18 - ECHL
- Vallorani Ties the Game with 4.6 Seconds Left, But Beast Fall in OT - Brampton Beast
- Adam Pleskach Named ECHL Player of the Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa's Pleskach Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Thomas Sends K-Wings Past Beast 5-4 in OT - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Travel to KC for Two - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Mavs Monday - February 18 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 18 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Weekly: Suddenly Hot Mariners Approach Busy Weekend - Maine Mariners
- Solar Bears Sign Liam Bilton - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Weekly - February 18, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 19 (February 11-19, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Komets Rally for Pair of Points for Week 19; Thunder Roll in for Back-To-Back Games, Cincinnati Visits Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Grizzlies Conclude Homestand Today vs Kansas City - Utah Grizzlies
- D'Agostini Dominates Allen in Season Series - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Final Matchup with Brampton Brings Monday Matinee - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 18 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.