Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers
INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI - The Missouri Mavericks will see a familiar face as forward Carter Verhaeghe has once again been reassigned to the Mavs from their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate-the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The news of Verhaeghe's return is coupled with the announcement that Missouri's leading point-scorer, Tyler Barnes, and forward Josh Holmstrom have been called-up to the Bridgeport.
Carter Verhaeghe, 20, has previously appeared in 19 games wearing a Mavericks sweater this season. Through those 19 games the Waterdown, ON, CA native notched 24 points (8G,16A). Verhaeghe has been made two previous trips to Missouri from Bridgeport, where he has played in 30 games and tallied 15 points (6G,9A).
This is Tyler Barnes first AHL call-up of this season. In 69 games-played for the league-leading Mavericks, Barnes has contributed 61 points (24G,37A), the most of any player this season.
Josh Holmstrom was previously called-up to the Sound Tigers this season, December 17 through January 4, playing in 6 games and putting up his second career AHL point with an assist in one of those games. Through 61 contests with the Mavs, Holmstrom has accumulated 30 total points (17G,13A).
The Mavs own the top spot in the ECHL with 107 points, and have already earned home ice advantage throughout the 2016 Kelly Cup Playoffs by clinching the Brabham Cup as regular-season point champions. Missouri will play their first post-season games on Saturday, Apr. 16 (7:05p.m.) and Sunday, Apr. 17 (4:05p.m.) at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Tickets for Game 1 and Game 2 are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
All eight Western Conference post-season berths were locked up on Friday evening, with the Quad City Mallards solidifying themselves in the 2016 Kelly Cup Playoffs in their win over the Cincinnati Cyclones. The Missouri Mavericks first round opponent has not been determined, as seeding in the Western Conference is yet to be finalized.
The Mavericks close out their regular season schedule this evening with another game against the Idaho Steelheads at 8:10p.m. (CDT). Fans can catch all the action from one of the Mavericks official watch party locations: Rock & Brews (Overland Park, KS), The Blue Line (Kansas City, MO), or Drumm Farm Gold Club (Independence, MO).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2016
- Steelheads drop season finale to Mavs - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-3 Win in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Win Final Game of Regular Season 3-1 over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Announce Playoff Schedule for First Round Matchup - Reading Royals
- Oilers Finish Season with 2-1 Overtime Win - Tulsa Oilers
- O'Donnell Ties Club Record in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Thrilling Finish Extends Final IceMen Game in Shootout Loss - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Victorious in Regular Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Take Season Finale in OT vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Season Ends with Overtime Loss in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Beat Admirals 5-4, Will Play Kalamazoo to Open Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Suffer Second Straight Slip Down the Stretch to Wheeling in Regular Season Finale, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale, Face Missouri in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Wings Punch Ticket to Postseason in Finale Shutout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Edged in Final Seconds of Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Close out 2015-16 Season with 5-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Conclude Season with Hard-Fought Loss at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Jackals Season Ends with 5-3 Loss to Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Release Playoff Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 5-4, in Regular Season Finale - Manchester Monarchs
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Schedule Announced: Thunder vs. Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- Ian Bateaux Scores Late Giving Atlanta 5-4 Win in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Earn 19th Road Win in Regular Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast End Season with Huge 5-3 Win over Jackals - Brampton Beast
- Toledo Finishes Regular Season with a 4-0 Loss in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Rapid City Back in "Hockeyville" Competition - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Teddy Doherty to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Patsch re-signs with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Host Thunder in Season Finale: Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Faille Recalled from Solar Bears to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday to Feature over $1,000 in Giveaways - Adirondack Thunder
- Team Awards Tonight - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Final Regular Season Home Game Is Tonight, as the Playoffs Open Thursday - Allen Americans
- ECHL Today - April 9 - ECHL
- Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Hafner Claims First Pro Shutout as Aces Blank Eagles 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday - Allen Americans
- Statement Win for Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City; Home Playoff Dates Announced - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce Team Store Reopening for Summer Sale
- Mavericks Announce Limited Home Schedule Dates for 2020-21
- Mavericks Hire Tad O'Had as Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations
- Mavericks Announce Online Team Store Sale to Benefit Boys and Girls Club of Kansas City
- Mavericks Captain Rocco Carzo Announces Retirement