Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m.
WATCH PARTY AT KING STREET GRILLE-NORTHWOODS
Fans are encouraged to head to King Street Grille-Northwoods, the Watch Party¬†Destination for Stingrays, to catch tonight's game. Fans 21 and up may enjoy a special offer of $3 Drafts, including Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Shocktop and Landshark during all Stingrays Watch Parties at King Street Grille.
The Stingrays end the regular season tonight with a rematch with the Norfolk Admirals. South Carolina claimed a 6-2 win last night over Norfolk. Kelly Zajac and Caleb Herbert each had two goals and Joe Devin notched three points. The Stingrays are 5-2-0-0 versus Norfolk this season.
SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
Last night's victory helped the South Carolina Stingrays claim the South Division title. Entering the final game of the regular season, the Stingrays are guaranteed to finish ahead of Florida and they have claimed the South Division title for the first time since the 2013-14 season. The title, along with Toledo winning the Eastern Conference, guaranteed the Stingrays will be the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference for the playoffs.
THE STREAK ROLLS ON
The South Carolina Stingrays have not lost in regulation since February 28. Over the past 15 games, the Stingrays are an impressive 11-0-3-1. In that span, the Stingrays have outscored opponents 49-31. Vitek Vanecek has recorded three shutouts during the streak.
THIS "GUY" HERBERT
Caleb Herbert continued his recent string of success, notching a pair of goals in yesterday's 6-2 win at Norfolk. Herbert has scored goals in three straight games, and has seven points (five goals, two assists) in those contests. In 14 games with the Stingrays this season, Herbert has 14 points (10 goals, 4 assists). He was a 5th round selection of the Washington Capitals in the 2010 NHL Draft.
HODGEPODGE OF STATS
Mark Dekanich earned the win last night, stopping 27 shots in his 200th professional game. Forward Stephan Vigier had an assist, giving him 50 points on the season. David Pacan just needs one point for 200 in his ECHL career.
The Stingrays will finish as the #2 seed and play the #7 seed. Entering the final game of the regular season, that is the Wheeling Nailers. However, pending tonight's results, Adirondack, Reading and Wheeling are fighting for playoff positioning, while Kalamazoo and Elmira are fighting for the final playoff spot.
South Carolina Stingrays
(43-18-7-3, 96 points, 2nd Eastern Conference, 1st South Division)
(30-36-4-1, 65 points, 13th Eastern Conference, 5th East Division)
Norfolk Scope, 7:15 p.m.
WATCH/LISTEN MEDIA OPTIONS
‚ÄĘ Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2016
- Steelheads drop season finale to Mavs - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-3 Win in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Win Final Game of Regular Season 3-1 over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Announce Playoff Schedule for First Round Matchup - Reading Royals
- Oilers Finish Season with 2-1 Overtime Win - Tulsa Oilers
- O'Donnell Ties Club Record in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Thrilling Finish Extends Final IceMen Game in Shootout Loss - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Victorious in Regular Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Take Season Finale in OT vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Season Ends with Overtime Loss in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Beat Admirals 5-4, Will Play Kalamazoo to Open Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Suffer Second Straight Slip Down the Stretch to Wheeling in Regular Season Finale, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale, Face Missouri in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Wings Punch Ticket to Postseason in Finale Shutout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Edged in Final Seconds of Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Close out 2015-16 Season with 5-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Conclude Season with Hard-Fought Loss at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Jackals Season Ends with 5-3 Loss to Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Release Playoff Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 5-4, in Regular Season Finale - Manchester Monarchs
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Schedule Announced: Thunder vs. Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- Ian Bateaux Scores Late Giving Atlanta 5-4 Win in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Earn 19th Road Win in Regular Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast End Season with Huge 5-3 Win over Jackals - Brampton Beast
- Toledo Finishes Regular Season with a 4-0 Loss in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Rapid City Back in "Hockeyville" Competition - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Teddy Doherty to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Patsch re-signs with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Host Thunder in Season Finale: Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Faille Recalled from Solar Bears to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday to Feature over $1,000 in Giveaways - Adirondack Thunder
- Team Awards Tonight - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Final Regular Season Home Game Is Tonight, as the Playoffs Open Thursday - Allen Americans
- ECHL Today - April 9 - ECHL
- Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Hafner Claims First Pro Shutout as Aces Blank Eagles 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday - Allen Americans
- Statement Win for Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City; Home Playoff Dates Announced - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.