Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday
Allen, Texas- With two games left in the regular season, the Allen Americans continued their three game series against the Evansville Icemen. Coming off a Wednesday night scoring fest, the Americans and Icemen returned to the Allen Event Center on Friday night, as Evansville came back to beat Allen, 3-2.
Despite the loss, the Americans locked up home-ice for Round 1 of the playoffs with Alaska's 2-0 win over Colorado on Friday night. The Americans will open Round 1 of the playoffs at home next Thursday, April 14th at 7:05 PM for Game 1, with Game 2 on Saturday, April 16th at 7:05 PM with their opponent to be determined.
Americans captain Chad Costello has been on quite a roll, to say the least. With an assist on the second Americans goal of the first period (14th for Vincent Arseneau), Costello set a franchise record for the longest point streak at 18 consecutive games. Arseneau's goal was preceded by the inaugural goal from Kyle Neuber as an Allen American. Riley Gill was named the starter against Evansville on Friday night, and was perfect against a mere 5 Icemen shots in the first period.
Evansville was able to crack the code of Gill, cutting the Americans lead in half during the second period. The Icemen got on the board in the form of Nathan Moon's 16th goal of the season.
Daultan Leveille continued to be a thorn in the side of the Americans. His third goal in the past two games was the equalizer for the Icemen in the third period.
Knotted at 2-2, Evansville's third period momentum rolled on, as the Icemen took their first lead of the game off the stick of Troy Rutkowski. The big defenseman jumped up on a 2-on-1 rush to score his 6th of the season, and what would eventually be the game winning goal.
The Americans will close out the regular season tomorrow night against the Icemen, Saturday, the 9th, at 7:05 pm at the Allen Event Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2016
- Steelheads drop season finale to Mavs - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-3 Win in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Win Final Game of Regular Season 3-1 over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Announce Playoff Schedule for First Round Matchup - Reading Royals
- Oilers Finish Season with 2-1 Overtime Win - Tulsa Oilers
- O'Donnell Ties Club Record in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Thrilling Finish Extends Final IceMen Game in Shootout Loss - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Victorious in Regular Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Take Season Finale in OT vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Season Ends with Overtime Loss in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Beat Admirals 5-4, Will Play Kalamazoo to Open Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Suffer Second Straight Slip Down the Stretch to Wheeling in Regular Season Finale, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale, Face Missouri in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Wings Punch Ticket to Postseason in Finale Shutout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Edged in Final Seconds of Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Close out 2015-16 Season with 5-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Conclude Season with Hard-Fought Loss at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Jackals Season Ends with 5-3 Loss to Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Release Playoff Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 5-4, in Regular Season Finale - Manchester Monarchs
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Schedule Announced: Thunder vs. Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- Ian Bateaux Scores Late Giving Atlanta 5-4 Win in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Earn 19th Road Win in Regular Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast End Season with Huge 5-3 Win over Jackals - Brampton Beast
- Toledo Finishes Regular Season with a 4-0 Loss in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Rapid City Back in "Hockeyville" Competition - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Teddy Doherty to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Patsch re-signs with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Host Thunder in Season Finale: Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Faille Recalled from Solar Bears to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday to Feature over $1,000 in Giveaways - Adirondack Thunder
- Team Awards Tonight - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Final Regular Season Home Game Is Tonight, as the Playoffs Open Thursday - Allen Americans
- ECHL Today - April 9 - ECHL
- Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Hafner Claims First Pro Shutout as Aces Blank Eagles 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday - Allen Americans
- Statement Win for Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City; Home Playoff Dates Announced - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Partner Classic of Texoma, Announces Big Donation to Toys for Tots
- Traditional Reds, New Whites Showcased in 2020-21 Season Sweaters
- Minnesota Wild Extends ECHL Affiliation Agreement with Allen Americans
- Former Americans Rookie of the Year Returns for 2020-2021 Season
- Americans Add Top-Two Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit