Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line
ELMIRA, NY - The Elmira Jackals, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and the AHL's Rochester Americans, close out the 2015-16 regular season at home tonight against the Brampton Beast. If Elmira wins tonight and the Kalamazoo Wings lose in regulation, then the Jackals will secure the final Kelly Cup Playoff berth.
Elmira Jackals (37-29-5) vs. Brampton Beast (22-38-11)
DATE: Saturday, April 9, 2016
TIME: 7:05 P.M. EDT
LOCATION: First Arena
BROADCAST: 1410 WELM AM
ONLINE STREAM: http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/WELM / ECHL.TV
MAGNIFYING THE MATCHUP
Tonight the Jackals complete their 2015-16 regular season with Game 72 at home against the Brampton Beast. Elmira's playoff hopes are on the line tonight with one possible scenario for the Jackals to earn the final playoff berth. Elmira must win tonight and Kalamazoo must lose in regulation in order for the Jackals to secure the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Last night, the Jackals traveled to Brampton, Ont. for their final road game of the season and despite Steven McParland scoring his first professional goal with a shorthanded marker to tie the game in second period the Jackals were unable to overcome a third period goal that deflected off of Mitch Zion with less than eight minutes remaining. Brampton has won the last three meetings after the Jackals went on a five-game winning streak versus their neighbors to the north. Elmira is 6-3-1 against Brampton this season and holds an all-time record of 11-4-1 against the Beast. The Jackals are also 6-2-0 all-time at First Arena against Brampton.
- Jacob MacDonald leads the league with four shorthanded goals and six shorthanded points. He is also tied for first overall among defensemen with 17 goals.
- The Jackals are 25-1-2 when leading after two periods.
- Shane Owen ranks third among goaltenders with 1233 saves and sits fourth with 2655 minutes played.
- Elmira ranks fifth with 32.18 shots for per game.
- Cason Hohmann ranks third among league rookies with 57 points and is tied for third with 37 assists.
- Elmira is 21-3-2 when scoring first.
- The Jackals are second with 816 shots on goal in the second period.
- Elmira is 19-5-5 in one-goal games.
JACKALS STAT LEADERS
Goals: Tyler Currier (21)
Assists: Cason Hohmann (37)
Points: Cason Hohmann (57)
PIMs: Colin Jacobs (138)
+/-: Allan McPherson (+19)
W: Shane Owen (22)
GAA: Shane Owen (2.44)
SV%: Shane Owen (.919)
Don't miss a minute of the action with Jackals season tickets! Call (607) 734-7825 or visit jackalshockey.com to order your season tickets today!
Follow the Jackals at www.jackalshockey.com, on Facebook, Twitter (@JackalsHockey) and Instagram for all the latest news and updates.
Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on discounted group tickets and a list of group benefits, call (607) 734-7825 or visit http://www.jackalshockey.com/groups/.
Officially licensed Elmira Jackals replica team jerseys, apparel and headwear can be purchased online at: http://www.jackalshockey.com/
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2016
- Steelheads drop season finale to Mavs - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Close Regular Season with 5-3 Win in Rapid City - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Win Final Game of Regular Season 3-1 over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Fall in Finale - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Announce Playoff Schedule for First Round Matchup - Reading Royals
- Oilers Finish Season with 2-1 Overtime Win - Tulsa Oilers
- O'Donnell Ties Club Record in 5-1 Win over Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Thrilling Finish Extends Final IceMen Game in Shootout Loss - Evansville IceMen
- Cyclones Victorious in Regular Season Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Take Season Finale in OT vs. Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Season Ends with Overtime Loss in Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Beat Admirals 5-4, Will Play Kalamazoo to Open Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Suffer Second Straight Slip Down the Stretch to Wheeling in Regular Season Finale, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale, Face Missouri in Opening Round of Playoffs - Quad City Mallards
- Wings Punch Ticket to Postseason in Finale Shutout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Edged in Final Seconds of Season Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Close out 2015-16 Season with 5-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Conclude Season with Hard-Fought Loss at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Jackals Season Ends with 5-3 Loss to Brampton - Elmira Jackals
- Monarchs Release Playoff Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Outlast Thunder, 5-4, in Regular Season Finale - Manchester Monarchs
- Kelly Cup Playoffs Schedule Announced: Thunder vs. Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- Ian Bateaux Scores Late Giving Atlanta 5-4 Win in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Earn 19th Road Win in Regular Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast End Season with Huge 5-3 Win over Jackals - Brampton Beast
- Toledo Finishes Regular Season with a 4-0 Loss in Kalamazoo - Toledo Walleye
- Rapid City Back in "Hockeyville" Competition - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards First Round Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers at Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, April 9th - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Teddy Doherty to Standard Player Contract - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Patsch re-signs with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Host Thunder in Season Finale: Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Faille Recalled from Solar Bears to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Quad City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday to Feature over $1,000 in Giveaways - Adirondack Thunder
- Team Awards Tonight - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack Thunder Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win over Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Jackals Close out Regular Season at Home against Brampton with Playoff Hopes on the Line - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Norfolk, 7:15 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Assigned Carter Verhaeghe from Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Final Regular Season Home Game Is Tonight, as the Playoffs Open Thursday - Allen Americans
- ECHL Today - April 9 - ECHL
- Hafner, Sivak Lead Aces to 2-0 Win over Eagles - Alaska Aces
- Hafner Claims First Pro Shutout as Aces Blank Eagles 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Open the Playoffs at Home Next Thursday & Saturday - Allen Americans
- Statement Win for Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Fall in Rapid City; Home Playoff Dates Announced - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.